Will Levis

sportsfan41

On 1/20/2023 at 5:44 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

Levis will be lucky to be drafted. 😆 

He's absolutely going 1st round, and most likely top 10. NFL teams are willing to draft QBs so high because of their ability to change their franchise (I.e. Josh Allen).

I tend to think that his decision making will doom him in the NFL unless he lands in a team loaded with weapons and a great HC. But he's still going early on day 1 no matter what.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

From CBSsports, they project Levis as the #3 overall pick:

Round 1 - Pick 3
Will Levis QB
KENTUCKY • SR • 6'3" / 232 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM - Carolina    
PROSPECT RNK - 8th    
POSITION RNK - 3rd
Levis has big-time upside because of his athleticism and arm talent and his time spent with NFL offensive coordinator Liam Coen is music to the ears of new Panthers coach Frank Reich.

I will say this on Levis, and I think a lot of people are dogging him for performance 22 season vs 21 season.  I think Levis has a great nfl upside and potential.  He has good IQ and Work ethic.  Most of 22 he was injured, and he didn't have an NFL calibur OC.   The relationship between a QB and OC determines a great deal of a QBs success.  I think we all know that Philosophy, System, and Relationships MATTER!  As a Colts fan I would be thrilled if they picked up Levis.  I think he is much more durable than Young (look at TUA) and Stroud will be gone before Colts Pick. 

• Like 2

He'll be drafted early in the 1st and do well. He was up against it at UK on multiple fronts, but the kid is an absolute savage. If he ends up in Indy he plays early and has success. They have a strong OL and running game and Levis has the physicality and arm talent to hit the tight windows at the next level. It'll be interesting as his style is more of an outlier than it was even 5 years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BargeRunner said:

He'll be drafted early in the 1st and do well. He was up against it at UK on multiple fronts, but the kid is an absolute savage. If he ends up in Indy he plays early and has success. They have a strong OL and running game and Levis has the physicality and arm talent to hit the tight windows at the next level. It'll be interesting as his style is more of an outlier than it was even 5 years ago.

Welcome to BGP @BargeRunner!

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 4:08 PM, theguru said:

From CBSsports, they project Levis as the #3 overall pick:

Round 1 - Pick 3
Will Levis QB
KENTUCKY • SR • 6'3" / 232 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM - Carolina    
PROSPECT RNK - 8th    
POSITION RNK - 3rd
Levis has big-time upside because of his athleticism and arm talent and his time spent with NFL offensive coordinator Liam Coen is music to the ears of new Panthers coach Frank Reich.

Does he become the number one pick now?  

2 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Does he become the number one pick now?  

I really have no idea but I will say reading the tea leaves Levis' stock has gone up.  I would love to see him excel in the NFL and can't wait to see what happens.  Levis to Hurst has a nice ring to it.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong. From what I gathered he performed poorly at the combine throwing the ball. Same with Anthony Richardson at Florida. The dude completed just over 50% of his passes in COLLEGE. Let's not overthink this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong. From what I gathered he performed poorly at the combine throwing the ball. Same with Anthony Richardson at Florida. The dude completed just over 50% of his passes in COLLEGE. Let's not overthink this.

Do you think the lack of a well-rounded supporting cast last year at UK doesn't give us a proper lens to judge Levis' NFL prospects?

25 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you think the lack of a well-rounded supporting cast last year at UK doesn't give us a proper lens to judge Levis' NFL prospects?

Sure, that might be some of it. But I also think if you are THAT guy, some of that would be negated by his supreme skill level. I do not see pocket presence or command of an offense. I see hesitancy and inaccuracy when pressured. Knock off half a second and the fact you have to throw open receivers (not throwing to open receivers), I believe he will struggle. Again, hoping I am wrong. Keep in mind if I were an NFL GM I would have been fired years ago. 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Sure, that might be some of it. But I also think if you are THAT guy, some of that would be negated by his supreme skill level. I do not see pocket presence or command of an offense. I see hesitancy and inaccuracy when pressured. Knock off half a second and the fact you have to throw open receivers (not throwing to open receivers), I believe he will struggle. Again, hoping I am wrong. Keep in mind if I were an NFL GM I would have been fired years ago. 😄

No one is firing you bug!