Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Texans 30 Bengals 27
The Texans scored on a QB draw from around the same spot on the field. That is and should be an option at that part of the field. The line simply isn't doing their job. Is that on the players or on the scheme? I see other teams with 2-3 backups playing and you would never know it.
-
Big 10 Suspends Harbaugh
This is basically a pre penalty. The NCAA moves so slow that nothing will happen until after the season. The Big Ten commish was basically told by the other schools, "hey, you gotta do something". He probably expected the suspension to be overturned by the courts, but he can say that he did something.
-
Jimbo out at A&M! Next Coach?
I think it will be Kingsbury
-
Cooper 49 Scott County 21
I watched the NFHS broadcast which was the Scott Co broadcast crew. The play by play guy was ok. The analyst was not professional. He Questioned calls, suggested the refs would need a police escort, and mocked one ref’s weight. He commented on a taunting call numerous times. The SC player made a hit and then made a point to step over the Cooper player unnecessarily. Not sure if anything was said but it was classic taunting. I realize the broadcasters don’t have benefit of replay but you have to remain professional. They, like the team, were undisciplined.
-
KHSAA Announces RefReps Partnership to Address Officials Shortage
It has been a huge success so far. I read that they had 30 people the first year. 20 of those came back in year 2 along with 20 new people.
-
College Football Playoff: Top 25 (10/31/23)
Correct. If they win out they will be #1 at the end. Florida State has the easiest schedule remaining. Ohio State and Michigan will take care of another spot. A lot of football to be played.
-
Open Job: St. Henry (New Program)
If I'm Grant Brannen and I'm calling Randy Borchers, I'm going to do more than ask for advice. Randy has over 15 years at Cooper. Not sure how much total time he has in public school. Maybe he is ready to retire and go to work for the Diocese. It never hurts to ask.
-
What penalty should teams that withdraw from the playoffs receive?
Not a fan of zero tolerance in schools, and a blanket punishment for cancelling sounds like zero tolerance to me. It's difficult for small schools to get enough players. Forcing them to miss playoffs would hurt their numbers even more.
- 2023 Pick 5 Contest: Playoff Edition (Week 1)
-
Bengals 31 49ers 17
I don't mind the passes to Smith. His fumble was a simple pitch and catch. He just needs to secure the ball. I would have run it there though. What I don't like are the jet sweeps to Chase. Everyone on the defense follows him. Maybe they are putting those on film to set up for a double reverse at some point.
-
Ashland 49 Simon Kenton 42
Crazy and bizarre finish. SK completes a long pass as defender falls down. Kid could have walked in but somehow fumbles at the 2. Then the PI in the endzone that apparently is not an automatic 1st down. ??
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 11) *Bonus Point Available*
-
Michael Mayer at Las Vegas
I know nothing about PPF grades but they have Mayer wayyy down the list with a 60 grade. Drew Sample and Irv Smith are both above him. Hayden Hurst isn't much higher than those two. Uzomah is top 10 this year.
-
Michael Mayer at Las Vegas
TE are so hit and miss unless your name is Kelce. Even then you have to have a QB that will force you the ball. With Chase, Higgins and Mixon, the TE on the Bengals will always be fighting for 4th place in targets with Boyd and the WR4. Last year Hurst was 5th in targets. In '21 Uzomah was 4th.
-
Michigan being Investigated
There is scouting the opposition and there is stealing play signs. It would interesting to watch previous games to see how much the defense was adjusting after the offense got their play call.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 10) *Bonus Point Available*
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 9)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7 Results)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 8) **Thursday Deadline**
-
Brooks Robinson passes at age 86
Brooks broke my young heart in 1970. May he rest in peace.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 5)
-
Browns 24 Bengals 3
Yeah it was probably dumb to think a guy that big could come back that quickly from the injury he had.
-
Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates
I think the million dollar question is whether Burrow just wasn't ready or if he is still hurting.
-
Browns 24 Bengals 3
Where ever Myles Garrett lined up meant a problem for the O line. He seemed to like beating Jonah Williams the most. The majority of passes Burrow threw were to the right side. Take the snap, See Garrett bearing down on you and let it fly. If Collins is ready in week 5 or whenever he can be activated I fully expect the Bengals to release or trade Williams.