Open Job: St. Henry (New Program)

St. Henry has already blessed whomever gets this job with a brand new facility. One would hope that with the birth of a young program those in charge would go after a young hungry coaching staff with something to prove! Starting with a middle school and JV season in 2024, it gives a staff a buffer to get things up and running. Nothing wrong with hiring an experienced head coach who's been in that role before of course, however there are so many experienced young coaches in NKY already that you just hope one of those guys gets the opportunity to build something similar to a Bishop Brossart. Off the top my head I can think a few young coordinators with plenty of successful experiences in coaching.

31 minutes ago, TRPride said:

What class will St. Henry fall into?

19 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Looks like their enrollment is at around 460. Assume around half are boys that puts them at the 2A level I believe.  So eventually same district as Beechwood?

18 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

My guess is either A or AA, Wikipedia has their enrollment of 460 co-ed students grades 9-12.  Based on those #s I would think that will have them fall more like 2A?

When the KHSAA reclassified last, they said St. Henry would fall into the 2025-2026 realignment as a 2A team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hydration-coach83 said:

St. Henry has already blessed whomever gets this job with a brand new facility. One would hope that with the birth of a young program those in charge would go after a young hungry coaching staff with something to prove! Starting with a middle school and JV season in 2024, it gives a staff a buffer to get things up and running. Nothing wrong with hiring an experienced head coach who's been in that role before of course, however there are so many experienced young coaches in NKY already that you just hope one of those guys gets the opportunity to build something similar to a Bishop Brossart. Off the top my head I can think a few young coordinators with plenty of successful experiences in coaching.

What about that facility is brand new aside from their turf? Which is now actually a year old already.

The stadium at SHDHS is like 2 decades old.

I for one am excited to another small NKY school start a football program, and overall it's good for Kentucky football. As oracle asked what exactly is brand new with the facilities? Was at the baseball stadium last year, which is still excellent, and the football field looks sharp, but as stated the stands look older. That being said, how many coaches are truly concerned about the stands as long as they look clean well kept? It will be fun to see the new HC will be, hopefully this was a long well thought out process and the powers that be stay patient.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

What about that facility is brand new aside from their turf? Which is now actually a year old already.

The stadium at SHDHS is like 2 decades old.

Need to upgrade on the restrooms, was there for a soccer game last year....those are not equipped to be used for a Friday night packed house game.  Just saying....

How many football games have they played on that field? A year old turf field that's never had a football game played on it would still be pretty brand new to those coaches that don't have that luxury right now. I have NO knowledge of the stadium or weight room & locker rooms but I'd guess those things would see some sort of improvement over the next two years. After all, SHDHS will be the only private school in Boone County with football and that would lead one to think they might be making improvements sooner rather than later.

9 minutes ago, Hydration-coach83 said:

How many football games have they played on that field? A year old turf field that's never had a football game played on it would still be pretty brand new to those coaches that don't have that luxury right now. I have NO knowledge of the stadium or weight room & locker rooms but I'd guess those things would see some sort of improvement over the next two years. After all, SHDHS will be the only private school in Boone County with football and that would lead one to think they might be making improvements sooner rather than later.

The stands are in great shape in my opinion.  They even have some of those nice seat back seats like Cov Cath has in the middle of their stands for the top 2 or 3 rows of seating.

• theguru changed the title to Open Job: St. Henry (New Program) - Hired Tim Odom
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Open Job: St. Henry (New Program)
  • theguru locked this topic