Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: St. Henry (New Program)

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

With the Scott job open as well, which one is more enticing to a current HC, up and coming Assistant coach?

Current HC St. Henry 

Up and coming Scott - as they would never have a chance to get the St. Henry job to begin with. 

  • Replies 98
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    Is it just me, or does this opportunity seem like a GREAT opportunity.  My opinion is that this program will be a legit NKY team once they have all grades participating.  So much upside on St. Henry,

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    I was all excited until reading your comments LOL.

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    KTRS allows for full retirement benefits, regardless of age, if you have 27 or more years of credited service. Then (I believe) if you have more than 5 years of credited service but fewer than 27, you

Do you think Coach Warner will take this opportunity to make a move from BCHS? 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Ovrlkd said:

Do you think Coach Warner will take this opportunity to make a move from BCHS? 

I've heard a couple of rumblings about his name being in the mix. I know he was really happy to be back at his alma mater when he got the job at Boone County, but who knows, maybe this is an opportunity he'd be interested in as well.

23 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've heard a couple of rumblings about his name being in the mix. I know he was really happy to be back at his alma mater when he got the job at Boone County, but who knows, maybe this is an opportunity he'd be interested in as well.

He does have an established relationship with the current "Director of Football" at SHDHS he and RJ Riegler are old Coach Hauck guys. 

Is Warner a teacher?

If he is a teacher, going from public to private would be difficult due to years of service and pension.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is Warner a teacher?

If he is a teacher, going from public to private would be difficult due to years of service and pension.

He's not a teacher. He is very successful Realtor in Northern Kentucky.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, FrankNicodemus said:

I am sure people have read the same thing I just read on social media.  Comments saying interviews are happening with the hopes of a January announcement.

Of course the comments also stated that they would love Coach Rash to start up this program.  I don't see that happening but hey I have seen crazier things happen in my life, so not going to say it can't happen.

Coach Rash to St Henry would be epic. Most likely in Beechwood's district as well.

44 minutes ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Coach Rash to St Henry would be epic. Most likely in Beechwood's district as well.

Number 1 item on Coach Rash is he is not in position to do anything other than coach at St. Henry for the next two and a half years. He is maxing out his income for retirement purposes over the next two and a half years. The earliest he could retire from public schools and be available to work full time in a private school is for the 2026-27 school year. 

That doesn't mean he couldn't coach there now. He just isn't in position to leave public schools employment yet. That would be an added challenge.

From my own viewpoint, if I were Coach Rash this job wouldn't excite me. That's how I would feel. The jobs in N. Ky. that would interest me would be a 6A job where I could see if I could build a program to the point where it could compete for 6A titles.

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Number 1 item on Coach Rash is he is not in position to do anything other than coach at St. Henry for the next two and a half years. He is maxing out his income for retirement purposes over the next two and a half years. The earliest he could retire from public schools and be available to work full time in a private school is for the 2026-27 school year. 

That doesn't mean he couldn't coach there now. He just isn't in position to leave public schools employment yet. That would be an added challenge.

From my own viewpoint, if I were Coach Rash this job wouldn't excite me. That's how I would feel. The jobs in N. Ky. that would interest me would be a 6A job where I could see if I could build a program to the point where it could compete for 6A titles.

He's smart enough to know that it is extremely difficult in NKY since there are three Louisville schools in the mix most years. He's been there and won several championships. Sometimes you get to the point where life is really nice without the time and stress of football.

41 minutes ago, 9068 said:

He's smart enough to know that it is extremely difficult in NKY since there are three Louisville schools in the mix most years. He's been there and won several championships. Sometimes you get to the point where life is really nice without the time and stress of football.

Agree on all that. 

5 hours ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Coach Rash to St Henry would be epic. Most likely in Beechwood's district as well.

Maybe not the most ideal, but he could still teach at Beechwood and coach at St.Henry. I know of at least one, and he might be the only one (teaches public, coaches private) in regards to football. Eric Dick, Lou. Holy Cross, teaches at a JCPS high school and is the Head Cougar on Dixie Highway.

1 hour ago, Calico Jack said:

Maybe not the most ideal, but he could still teach at Beechwood and coach at St.Henry. I know of at least one, and he might be the only one (teaches public, coaches private) in regards to football. Eric Dick, Lou. Holy Cross, teaches at a JCPS high school and is the Head Cougar on Dixie Highway.

I could be wrong but I don’t think he teaches at Beechwood anymore. I thought I heard he was down at Holmes now teaching. 

2 hours ago, Calico Jack said:

Maybe not the most ideal, but he could still teach at Beechwood and coach at St.Henry. I know of at least one, and he might be the only one (teaches public, coaches private) in regards to football. Eric Dick, Lou. Holy Cross, teaches at a JCPS high school and is the Head Cougar on Dixie Highway.

Coach Rash has a job at Holmes ....and I am confident that he isn't in the running.

I could see Coach Rash being a DC at a number of schools in the area, across the river or heck anywhere. I don't think he would want to be a head coach again ...at least for the foreseeable future.

It would be interesting to see if any of the high profile schools in the area will reach out eventually. His resume could definitely make most coaches a little nervous to bring on staff. At the same time I am not sure you could find a guy better than him to bring on. I think there are probably I lot of guys who would love to ask him to be on staff ...but won't even ask because they don't think he would be interested.

He is one of a very few men who has the humility to stay in the background and be happy and helpful being a great DC, Assistant or behind the scenes mentor. It will be interesting to see if any local schools reach out this coming season. The retirement/maxing out part would make things a little tougher ....but it isn't impossible.

So no ...at the very least St. Henry would be a huge longshot/surprise.

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Number 1 item on Coach Rash is he is not in position to do anything other than coach at St. Henry for the next two and a half years. He is maxing out his income for retirement purposes over the next two and a half years. The earliest he could retire from public schools and be available to work full time in a private school is for the 2026-27 school year. 

That doesn't mean he couldn't coach there now. He just isn't in position to leave public schools employment yet. That would be an added challenge.

From my own viewpoint, if I were Coach Rash this job wouldn't excite me. That's how I would feel. The jobs in N. Ky. that would interest me would be a 6A job where I could see if I could build a program to the point where it could compete for 6A titles.

What jobs would those be? NKY competing in 6A kind of feels like a pipe dream.

4 minutes ago, burreaux said:

What jobs would those be? NKY competing in 6A kind of feels like a pipe dream.

When you have accomplished all you can at one level, take on the challenge to see if you can make it happen. I think Ryle has the potential to compete for a 6A title.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.