Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Bishop Brossart vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates (2/23)
It has been a fast tumble for both schools. Brossart is young, with no seniors on the team. They also don't have much size. They don't seem to have the horses to play the style that Franzen wants to play. NewCath has some size and they have played a tough schedule. I see a double digit win by the Breds. From what I've seen, the grade school teams in Campbell Co are pretty good. Remains to be seen where those kids go to high school.
-
2025-2026 Football Realignment
I believe they gave up 3 points total in district play this past season.
-
Chip Kelly to Ohio State as Offensive Coordinator
If you have ever wondered whether the Peter Principle is true, we might find out. It's totally different being the CEO of an entire program versus being in charge of only the offense. We shall see.
-
NKY Basketball official enters Year 50 in service
I was at a Brossart and NewCath game several years ago. The game was at Brossart so they had 10th Region officials. There were some questionable calls and the New Cath fans were getting vocal about it. After another call the New Cath student section broke out a "we want Chappie" cheer. His presence is felt even when he's not there!.
-
Kentucky 62 Ohio State 60
No way this was 12 years ago. No way.
-
Whatever happened to...Teams
-
Is this too much? - Relaying information via Walkie Talkie
This is only acceptable at the University of Michigan.
-
NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (2/12/24)
In the latest CJ poll, Cooper is 2; Holy Cross is 4; Notre Dame is 13 and Ryle is 14.
-
Adam Kozerski is head football coach at Bishop Brossart.
100%. He was asked to be on the committee because he is a well-respected coach who lives in the community and who has kids in the building. While the administration would have loved for EE to throw his hat in the ring, they harbored no illusions of that happening. As to whether this hire is an upgrade, there are things Koz brings to the table that Wiggins could not. The biggest being that he is in the building every day. A coach at a private school, especially a small one, has to be a recruiter and has to project an image of being a leader and a program grower. In my opinion that is something that Koz can provide more than Wiggins could.
-
NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (2/12/24)
Holy Cross is rolling. Brossart had no chance. I think Cooper and Holy Cross are head and shoulders above everyone else.
-
Chip Kelly to Ohio State as Offensive Coordinator
Day was a quarterback for Chip Kelly's New Hampshire Wildcats back in the late 90s. Day then worked under Kelly with the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers.
-
Chiefs 25 49ers 22 (OT) Super Bowl LVIII
I agree with all this, and as I said, I would take the ball 2nd. Just pointing out that it doesn't seem to matter in the college game. Red zone efficiency, 3rd and 4th down efficiency, these are probably more important than who goes first or second.
-
2024 Cincinnati Bengals
Being a numbers guy, I was curious about WR availability. Chase 89%; Tee 87%; Boyd 92% This is the % of their team's games that they played in. How does this compare to other top receivers? Jefferson 90%; Tyreek 95%; CeeDee 99%; Diggs 93%. I'm not saying the Bengals big 2 are injury prone, just that the first part of availability is being available. Do the Bengals want to invest all that money in 2 players who have demonstrated that they will miss over 10% of the games?
-
Chiefs 25 49ers 22 (OT) Super Bowl LVIII
Obviously, this is too new to have any meaningful data. In college, the prevailing strategy is the take the ball second. Recently, coaches have been questioning that. I've seen data that said the team taking the ball first wins 55% of the time. That said, I still defer ?.
-
Open Job: Bishop Brossart
I heard the same. I know with at least 1 applicant that teaching positions were discussed.
-
49ers vs. Chiefs (Super Bowl LVIII)
After going 4-0 the previous week I took an 0-2 in the championship games. I'd prefer that SF wins but I think the matchup favors KC... especially with two weeks to prepare. May God have mercy on my soul. KC wins.
-
49ers 34 Lions 31 (NFC Championship)
Agree. I know being aggressive and not kicking has been their MO, but you have to understand the situation of the game. It's not like they never kicked during the season... they picked their spots and were smart about it. The situations and decisions yesterday were not smart.
-
Does this rule need to he changed?
Isn't that what the rule is now? There's no safety awarded currently. It has always seemed strange that a fumble that goes out of bounds at the 1 is placed at the spot of the fumble, but a fumble that passes the goal line and goes out of bounds results in a loss of possession. Seems overly severe for a ball that maybe bounces another yard or two.
-
Chargers get their man...Harbaugh!
It will be very weird if he wins in San Diego. #LAChargers ? .
-
Lions at 49ers Predictions/Updates (NFC Championship)
The NFC as a whole has not impressed me this year. The Lions just seem like a team of destiny this year. Went 4 for 4 this weekend, but this one has me perplexed. Lions have been averaging 30ppg and giving up 20. I'll take the Lions 24-20.
-
Chiefs at Ravens Predictions/Updates (AFC Championship)
The Ravens' last 7 wins have been by an average of 17 points. If KC wins this then I will truly believe the fix is in. Ravens by 10.
-
Buccaneers at Lions Predictions/Updates (NFC Divisional Round)
The Lions have too many weapons even against a good TB defense. Lions by 2 scores.
-
Chiefs at Bills Predictions/Updates (AFC Divisional Round)
This should be must-see TV with a lot of offense on display. I hate to say it but Mahomes seems to be carrying the Chiefs on his back and I think they win a close one.
-
Packers at 49ers Predictions/Updates (NFC Divisional Round)
This one will be closer than many are predicting. I see a one-score game with it coming down to the last drive.
-
Texans at Ravens Predictions/Updates (AFC Divisional Round)
Ravens by 2 scores. The Texans could be scary next year.