NKY Basketball official enters Year 50 in service

Have experienced Chappie’s work in person ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played or watched a game reffed by Chappie?

• Have you played in a game done by Chappie?
    • Have you only experienced Chappie as a fan?

• 2 months later...

From Facebook:

This Friday the Ninth Region Basketball Officials Association will have our end of the year social at Dickmann's starting at 8:30. We will also be recognizing Charlie Chappie for 50 years of officiating! We will start his recognition around 9:45. If anyone would like to come and celebrate with us please stop by. On a side note Charlie will be officiating his last regular season game that night at Holmes High School.

==============

Also remember everyone, Dickmann's Sports Barn and Brewery paid some fees so that we all could watch playoff football on our devices.  We have to support the places that support us.  On that note, I went to Dickmann's not too long ago and had fun.  And seriously, there were a lot of very attractive women there.

https://www.dickmannscafe.com/

youngchappie.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember him calling the game at NewCath. He gave the student section a card about sportsmanship, and we ripped it up and tossed it in the air like confetti. He laughed at us and kept going. He’s one good dude. 

• Like 1

I was at a Brossart and NewCath game several years ago.  The game was at Brossart so they had 10th Region officials.  There were some questionable calls and the New Cath fans were getting vocal about it.  After another call the New Cath student section broke out a "we want Chappie" cheer.  His presence is felt even when he's not there!.

• Like 3