Everything posted by 5thregionbasketball
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 8)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 6)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 5)
-
LaRue County 36 Green County 35
Pre-season if you asked me, I would've said Green but Larue is making a believer out of me. Green is physical, so if Larue can match the physicality of Green and contain the run game, I think Larue wins.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 4)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 3)
-
KHSAA Commissioner Julian Tackett to retire
I didn't always agree with every decision that Tackett made, but then again who does? Overall, I think he's been very good for the state! The biggest surprise to me in this announcement was Butch Cope deciding to retire. I think most people had him pegged to be the next commissioner. KHSAA has a long history of hiring from within so I would expect the next commissioner would be a current associate commissioner. It's my understanding that Bilberry is not interested in that position, but I could be misinformed about that.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 2)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
Tragedy has struck the 5th region and Taylor County
Tragedy has struck the 5th region and Taylor County. Rising Senior, Jaron Johnson was shot and killed early Sunday morning. Such a sad situation. My thoughts and prayers are with the Johnson family, his teammates and the Taylor County schools.
-
Open Job: Central Hardin
Josh Pittman, most recently at Caverna, has been hired as the boys basketball coach.
-
Open Job: Nelson County
Wonder if they would reach out to Bramblett from North Hardin now that she is available?
-
Open Job: Central Hardin
Cause I didn't want to post any names while they might have been in the middle of a contract discussion. But I can say now that I know for sure, Glenn Peterson is not planning to return as a head coach, and that the job was offered to Keith Adkins but he has turned it down.
-
Open Job: North Hardin
Was told that it is parent issues. Hard to believe that they would want her gone after arguably one of the most successful seasons in the history of the school.
-
Open Job: Nelson County
Crickets.
-
Open Job: Central Hardin
Any rumblings on this one? Hearing a former coach from the girls side might return.
-
5th Region Off-Season Discussion (2026-2027)
That's good to know. Was a little concerned that Caverna may not field a team this season.
-
Open Job: Central Hardin
I agree, outside of North, Central should be in the hunt for district and region each season. Etown is way down from where they've been. John is down and doesn't look like it will be turning around anytime soon. Central is the largest school in that district, they have the nicest facilities. This job should be attractive and draw quality candidates.
-
Nelson County names Tavon Johnson head boys basketball coach
Can confirm that. He did accept the job at Nelson.
-
5th Region Off-Season Discussion (2026-2027)
So at this point in the offseason we have Central Hardin, Caverna, Nelson County, Thomas Nelson, and Marion County looking for head coaches. Rumors around 2 other schools for potential coaching changes, (one retirement, one moving into administration).
-
Open Job: Central Hardin
Tavon Johnson has resigned his position as head coach at Central Hardin. I would think this position would draw some interest from lots of candidates. Growing area, biggest high school in Hardin County. Lots of potential.
-
Open Job: Nelson County
Pretty sure that he will be going back to Bardstown as an assistant coach. I had heard that rumor for a while that he was going back to Bardstown.
-
Turf Fields for Baseball
5th Region all turf fields- Campbellsville and Green County. Turf infield is Taylor County. North Hardin has turf around the bases and plate (all grass infield). Adair and Larue have turf around the plate. And Nelson County and Washington County will both be building new fields soon that are expected to be at least turf infield.
-
Open Job: Nelson County
The coach that I thought they might reach out too says it won't be them on the boys side.