Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Suspension of National Championship Head Coach
https://www.wvxu.org/local-news/2016-11-15/ncaa-strips-thomas-more-of-womens-basketball-title-for-2014-2015 Basically, an assistant coach allowed Sidney Moss to stay with them while rehabbing an ACL injury. Sidney had a 2nd floor apartment at the time and the coach had a 1st floor room available and believed it would be easier for her. This was deemed an improper benefit and made Moss an ineligible player the following season.
-
UConn 76 San Diego State 59 (NCAA Championship)
- San Diego State vs. UConn Predictions/Updates (NCAA Championship)
What has impressed me the most about U Conn is their depth and how Hurley has gotten them all to buy in to his rotation and playing time. If/when Cal retires I think Hurley should at least be contacted.- LSU 102 Iowa 85 (NCAA Woman's Championship)
Regarding the face wave taunting - I agree it was different circumstances, but don't do it if you don't want to get it back. To Clarke's credit she walked away and took her medicine. Regarding the T. I wasn't able to watch much of the 2nd half. Who tossed the ball to Clarke? They were huddling so I'm sure it wasn't the ref. Did an LSU player toss it toward her? If so, given the circumstances, I don't think a T should be called. The clock was stopped and it wasn't an attempt to stop the game. The LSU player who went full Laettner in the 1st half was the key to the game. She didn't miss and it put Iowa (a tired Iowa in my opinion) in a hole they could not climb out of. LSU also killed Iowa on the boards with 14 O rebounds. The officiating was questionable but didn't decide the game.- Pirates at Reds (3/30 - 4/2)
I noticed several job listings but they all seemed to be for full time. I would be interested but could only do part time.- 2023 March Madness Discussion
That's probably an unfair dig at the NIL situation going on there. Deep pockets can certainly help when recruiting.- 2023 March Madness Discussion
I want to hate Miami so bad but I just really like Coach Larranaga. He seems like a genuine guy and someone that I'd want my kid to play for. I know they are the best team money can buy, but he's just the guy coaching them up.- Kansas State 75 Kentucky 69 (NCAA Tournament)
No definitely not saying that. Oscar would still post up on the offensive end. Maybe play some high-low? As to who is the athletic rim protector? That's on Cal. He structures the roster. If Kentucky can't recruit one then something is wrong. It's Call's insistence that Oscar is a 5 and you can surround him with 4 guys outside is the problem.- Most embarrassing losses in college football history?
As much as I'd like to say App State over Michigan... It has to be the Bluegrass Miracle. I love the premature final score as the LSU player was crossing the goal line.- Kansas State 75 Kentucky 69 (NCAA Tournament)
Oscar is not a 5. If you pair him with an athletic rim protector and play Oscar at 4 then you have the makings of a great team. Cal's insistence on playing 4 out with Oscar inside is a mistake. In addition, they don't help free up the outside shooters. Frederick runs around like a crazy man trying to get open and hoping someone passes him the ball. Maybe they should watch film of Steve Alford at Indiana to see how you get open looks for shooters.- Shot Clock?
As mcpapa said, the players moving to the "next level" is probably a very small number. In addition, you add another duty to a referee group that is already stretched thin. There's no replay available to see if there was a shot clock violation like there is in college. Would this be used in JV games where there is only 2 officials? The challenges outweigh the benefits in my opinion.- Providence vs. Kentucky Predictions/Updates (NCAA First Round)
There is no reason that UK should not make it to the 2nd weekend. A fantastic draw for them.- Open Job: Beechwood
Bob Rowe working hard behind the scenes to keep his guy.- Newport 49 Lloyd Memorial 42 (9th Region Semifinals)
I 100% agree with your 100% disagreement. ? We are too quick to want to change rules, traditions, etc. because a couple of people can't behave themselves. Get rid of those people! A coach's job is to lead his/her team both in victory and in defeat. If they show themselves to be incapable of doing that then they need to be removed. Also, someone mentioned that players from both teams were seen interacting after the game without issue. The kids rebound quickly, why do the adults in the room seem unable to let things go?- Cooper 57 Covington Catholic 54 (9th Region Semifinals)
Everyone I talked to said the region was wide open. I said the same back in December. CovCath gets the love in the state rankings, but the people up here who watch the games knew it was up for grabs.- 9th Region Regional Tournament Preview
The dates were locked in. Tuesday was held for the women's team. Thursday for the men's. Those spots weren't determined until regular season games were finished last Saturday. The fact that the Horizon starts their tournaments early further complicates things.- Lloyd Memorial 56 Conner 53 (OT) (9th Region Round 1)
What should have been the first championship for the 9th Region and Bulldog Tech. Great team!- Lloyd Memorial 56 Conner 53 (OT) (9th Region Round 1)
I don't see that as a goaltend. Ball seemed to be at its apex but not headed down. Was a foul called on the shot?- 9th Region Regional Tournament Preview
5000 x $12 = $60,000. Not sure how it is allocated.- Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
I was in a gym cheering on my classmates on Feb. 22, 1980 when the Miracle on Ice occurred. The PA guy announced it at the game and the crowd went crazy. That was yet another poor decision on my part during my high school years. ?- Arkansas 88 Kentucky 73
They are bottom 4 in the SEC in FG% allowed. They are a bad defensive team.- A.J Green Retires
I think AJ is the best receiver in team history. Chase may overtake him eventually. In my opinion its... 1. AJ 2. Chad 3. Issac incomplete - Chase & Higgins- Chiefs 23 Bengals 20 (AFC Championship)
I always thought that if the QB was hit it impacts whether grounding is called. I think the refs were reminded that Burrow was firing passes into the ground to kill plays and they chose that time to make a call. They were on alert for it.- Chiefs 23 Bengals 20 (AFC Championship)
The late hit was the correct call, it just happened at the most inopportune time. I believe the penalties called went 9-3 (Bengals-Chiefs). If that crew only saw the Chiefs commit 3 penalties all game then they need to be fired immediately. Heck, there were penalties on both the punt return and the fateful Mahomes run at the end of the game. I guess they didn't see them. The thing I will remember most is the exasperated look on Taylor's face that he had several times due to calls/no calls. You knew it wasn't meant to be.- Highlands 106 Bishop Brossart 99 (OT)
I only got to see the 2nd half. Highlands was attacking the basket with drives so they weren't using much clock. Brossart worked the ball around the perimeter more, looking for cutters and switches that they could exploit. The Birds style led to more fouls which, as Mustang noted, was the difference. Brossart shot 53% for the game while Highlands connected on 45%. It was a very entertaining game in my opinion. - San Diego State vs. UConn Predictions/Updates (NCAA Championship)