Everything posted by REALSPORT
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 4)
-
HS Football in Boone County
I don't believe it is. I think what Guru meant is an alternative school. As to the state of football in Boone Co., I have always believed HS athletics, especially football, is coach driven. The right coach can do wonders for a program, the problem is keeping them around with having to deal with idiot parents.
-
Bengals at Browns Predictions/Updates
I think smart people will be picking the Browns due to limited practice time for Burrow. That being said, I'm taking the Bengals by 10 - cause I'm not smart.
-
KHSAA rules on Somerset's controversial week one game
Fair enough. I just find it interesting what level of quality that people expect from high school refs. Someone once told me that the expectation should be between 100% accurate on the high end (which is seldom attained but should still be the goal) and equal to the level of play on the low end. Meaning pro officials are expected to be more competent than pee wee officials - because the level of play on the field is better. That's the minimum.
-
Will the Reds make the playoffs?
I'm assuming this will be a platoon lefty/righty situation. Bader has mashed LHP. Interestingly, Friedl has reverse splits. He is hitting better against LHP. It certainly gives Bell more options to tinker with the lineup... which we know he likes to do.
-
Shot Clock?
Any idea if this has been asked before and if the results are trending in either direction?
-
Blake and Cayden Reed have transferred to Mason County
Even if their address is and always has been in the Mason Co school district? I'm assuming they obtained a waiver to play at Bracken. I'd be shocked if the same waiver isn't granted to allow them to play where they live. I understand there are instances of "moving" and split households that create an issue, but KHSAA is overstepping their authority in this case. Plus, from a selfish standpoint, the 10th region would not be as interesting and fun without the Reed brothers playing.
-
KHSAA rules on Somerset's controversial week one game
What's your definition of incompetent? Does interpreting a rule incorrectly make a ref incompetent. And regardless of the reason, NO ONE should fear for their safety after a game. NO ONE should follow and harass an official. Yes, a missed call can impact a game, but so do the numerous mistakes and blown assignments committed by every team every week. It's high school football, the play on the field isn't perfect and the officiating won't be either.
-
Games in throwback gyms this season
I think there is an alum that could write that check.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 2)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
Joe Mixon
I'm surprised that a charge like this would result in a 2 day trial.
-
Marlins at Reds (8/7-8/9)
Steer, Elly and McLain are easily the 3 best gloves. However he wants to use them they need to be on the field 90% of the time.
-
2024-2025 12 Team Playoff Schedule
I've always believed that the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament are the best 4 days in sports. That 5 day stretch of CFP and NFL might be better. wow
-
Delta Dental of Kentucky offering free mouth pieces
I requested some of these for our program and was happily surprised with what was sent. Thank you Delta Dental for this generous - free - offer.
-
Pictures of the Lloyd football field
I am as well. I've had the good fortune of working with Principal Key and AD Pilgrim over the years on different things and they are good people. Good luck to the Jugs!.
-
2023 Cincinnati Bengals
I've strained both of mine over the years. Never went to the doc so don't know the severity of what I had. It was crazy sore for 2-3 days. I felt it another couple of weeks. Back to beer league softball in about 3 weeks. Interestingly, I never had another issue after I strained them once.
-
Scott names Jake Owens Head Coach - Owens resigned
This ☝️. They absolutely need to look here first.
-
Reds vs. Brewers (7/7-7/9 & 7/14-7/16 & 7/24-7/26)
I saw that Lance posted from the Umpire Scorecard site. By their calculations, the plate ump's missed calls attributed to a +2 run difference in the game last night. Bad umpiring seems to be getting worse with the better spin rates that pitchers are putting on the ball.
-
Trade Deadline
I was really impressed during the 9th inning on Sunday. McLain, Steer, and CES all went the other way for base hits. That's something you don't always see out of rookies. I like India being on the team but he isn't the "type" that they seem to be going with. He's not as athletic and doesn't have position versatility like the rookies have. If the right deal is on the table I don't see how you can pass it up.
-
Big 10 East Predictions
This will be an interesting season for Ohio State. A new QB and a suspect O line aren't a good combo. Of course they have great WR and RB, plus a hopefully improved D. The Georgia "almost" game helps him, as does the incredible class he is putting together. He can recruit them but can he coach them up? If he loses to Michigan again, would the administration want to jeopardize losing that class?
-
Giants at Reds (7/17-7/20)
Exactly. The window isn't as small as some think. Plus some of these guys will get extended ala Greene. If you extend them early it won't break the bank. They just need to make the correct decisions on who to extend.
-
Automated Ball-Strike System in 2024
- Will the Reds make the playoffs?
I originally thought they would go to a 6 man rotation to help limit innings on all the young guys. With all the injuries, they are lucky to have 4 guys healthy to pitch. If they can get everyone back I think your rotation is one we might see. They may have to pick up a journeyman guy just to eat some innings until then.- Will the Reds make the playoffs?
That seems about right. I think the Reds may pick up an arm or two but they will do so without trading any top pieces. Don't expect a big move, that would go against the plan they have put in place. If Newman, Senzel, Maile and/or some middling minor leaguers can get them an innings eating #4 or #5 starter they would make that move. - Will the Reds make the playoffs?