Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade Deadline

Featured Replies

Figured it would be a good place to track deals and rumors as the deadline is coming in 3 weeks. 
 

Reds will be buyers for the first time in a while. 

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    I understand the Reds wanting to get some needed arms, but I'm not sure who I'd be willing to part with. This is a very cohesive team right now and I'd hate to ruin the chemistry unless it's for a sla

  • I know it's just a half season done and given the division, but if you would have told me in April/May the Reds would be sitting atop that division by all-star beak I would called the folks with the w

Posted Images

I understand the Reds wanting to get some needed arms, but I'm not sure who I'd be willing to part with. This is a very cohesive team right now and I'd hate to ruin the chemistry unless it's for a slam dunk no brainer trade.

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I understand the Reds wanting to get some needed arms, but I'm not sure who I'd be willing to part with. This is a very cohesive team right now and I'd hate to ruin the chemistry unless it's for a slam dunk no brainer trade.

AMEN!!

I am reluctant to trade anyone. Chemistry is delicate in baseball. 

No top prospects for rentals.

 

I know it's just a half season done and given the division, but if you would have told me in April/May the Reds would be sitting atop that division by all-star beak I would called the folks with the white jackets for you.

I too am reluctant to upset what is going on right now on this team with a trade.  However, like some have stated if it's a blockbuster super duper pitcher (and we know that's a rare hap'nin' nowadays), maybe.

Kind of get the feeling that the Reds will consider Greene, Lodolo, and Antone as their trade deadline acquisitions.  

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

AMEN!!

I am reluctant to trade anyone. Chemistry is delicate in baseball. 

No top prospects for rentals.

 


Would you part with Senzel to improve the staff?

  • Author

I see them parting with guys they won’t return next season (Barrero, Senzel, and Newman) to return either a starter or high end reliever. 

15 hours ago, TribeTime said:

Reds will be buyers for the first time in a while. 

I don't see them being buyers in anyway that actually matters or makes the rotation all that better. I think they'll be a lot of talk and a lot of build up but I don't see them moving the big pieces that would be needed to get a valuable enough starting to bolster their rotation.

I feel like they are thrilled that they are essentially ahead of schedule and won't really make much meaningful movement at all around the trade deadline, which in my opinion, is probably the right move but the masses won't like it.

14 hours ago, spindoc said:


Would you part with Senzel to improve the staff?

I am open to it but I want to see who I am getting. If it's an incremental improvement innings eater - pass.

12 hours ago, TribeTime said:

I see them parting with guys they won’t return next season (Barrero, Senzel, and Newman) to return either a starter or high end reliever. 

The question is who do you get for any of those players. I don't see anyone parting with a high end reliever for one of those guys. 

14 hours ago, brown4 said:

Kind of get the feeling that the Reds will consider Greene, Lodolo, and Antone as their trade deadline acquisitions.  

The wild card here is how do those guys progress in their injury rehab. If it starts looking like September before those guys can pitch, then I can see the Reds starting to think about picking up a starter.

  • Author

To me the biggest need is a left handed reliever. They only have one and can’t rely on him every night. I would be looking at the pen and then a starter who won’t break the bank. Greene and Lodolo due back in August. 

1 hour ago, TribeTime said:

To me the biggest need is a left handed reliever. They only have one and can’t rely on him every night. I would be looking at the pen and then a starter who won’t break the bank. Greene and Lodolo due back in August. 

I agree with this 100%. It’s the biggest missing piece. If you look at Young’s stats, he’s actually got inverted splits so he’s better against righties than lefties.

Its not going to bring you back an absolutely dominant lefty reliever, but I’d like to see them package Casali and then one or two is Senzel, Newman or Barerro (prefer to keep Senzel in this instance) for a middle grade lefty reliever a team needs off the payroll.
Casali is hitting .162 but a team close to contention with awful defense at the catchers position would trade for him.

Then I believe the ultimate goal is to end up with Williamson in the bullpen in the place of a Fernando Cruz or equivalent. That puts you to 2-3 lefties in the pen and opens up a spot to add CES to the roster. 

  • Author

Thoughts? 

IMG_8755.jpeg

1 hour ago, TribeTime said:

Thoughts? 

IMG_8755.jpeg

Sure, but it looks like Dodgers and a few others are interested in him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.