Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade Deadline

Featured Replies

Has Votto said if this is his last year or not?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    I understand the Reds wanting to get some needed arms, but I'm not sure who I'd be willing to part with. This is a very cohesive team right now and I'd hate to ruin the chemistry unless it's for a sla

  • I know it's just a half season done and given the division, but if you would have told me in April/May the Reds would be sitting atop that division by all-star beak I would called the folks with the w

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Has Votto said if this is his last year or not?

Surely if he plays next year, it won't be in a Reds uniform.

Votto is in last year of his contract and there is an option of some type.  He is THE person that is taking away at bats from the young guys.  Obviously he is doing some coaching in the background which is good, but doesn’t mean he has to get at bats 5 days a week.

38 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Votto is in last year of his contract and there is an option of some type.  He is THE person that is taking away at bats from the young guys.  Obviously he is doing some coaching in the background which is good, but doesn’t mean he has to get at bats 5 days a week.

As bad as he has looked the past week or so, Votto still has a better OPS than India and Votto is tied for 3rd on the team in slugging with Fraley, behind McClain and Benson.

A week ago before this slump, Votto led the team in OPS.

20 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think I'd rank them the same as @4 Quarters. McClain is definitely my number one. Too early to say between Elly and CES but I'd go Elly. Ideally, all of them. But I'd imagine to be true contenders in 2024, someone is gonna have to be on the move to sure up more pitching, especially with other talent in the pipeline.

I was really impressed during the 9th inning on Sunday.  McLain, Steer, and CES all went the other way for base hits.  That's something you don't always see out of rookies.  I like India being on the team but he isn't the "type" that they seem to be going with.  He's not as athletic and doesn't have position versatility like the rookies have.  If the right deal is on the table I don't see how you can pass it up.   

  • Author

Very little chance they move him at the deadline. They’ll move him in the off-season to shore up the rotation or bullpen. 
 

if I’m the Reds, I’m seeing what it takes to get Josh Hader from the Padres. 

  • Author

Reports today the Reds have looked into Justin Verlander and Eduardo Rodriguez as starting pitcher help. 

I'll be shocked if the Reds get a strong pitcher at the deadline. Knowing the Reds front office if they were to get swept in LA the Reds may become sellers by Monday. 

11 hours ago, TribeTime said:

Reports today the Reds have looked into Justin Verlander and Eduardo Rodriguez as starting pitcher help. 

They won't touch either one of these guys.

It seems to have gotten quiet in Reds county. Guess they are content with what they have.

15 hours ago, ChuckT said:

It seems to have gotten quiet in Reds county. Guess they are content with what they have.

Their breaking news was the Bell extension.

Verlander back to the Astros.   Reds, as of the deadline had made no announcements on other moves.   I guess they fell Greene and Lodolo returning shortly will be enough to bolster the starting rotation.  We shall see.

On 7/31/2023 at 8:24 PM, Jumper_Dad said:
 

I'd love to have myself some international cap space.

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.