Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

REALSPORT

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by REALSPORT

  1. Shout out to the refs in this game. They let them play but weren't afraid to call a foul on Lyon Co.'s last shot (the shooter got hammered). Not a fan of whistle-swallowing on last shots.
  2. It was certainly a smart pick-up. The question remains to be answered if the QB room is that much better than last year. Wilson and Fields are both prone to throwing the ball to the other team. Of course with the Steeler defense they don't have to have an elite QB.
  3. The advantage they have in their bracket is that their opponents have low defensive efficiency numbers as well. Oakland, Texas Tech and NC State all have low defensive numbers. UK's offense should carry then early. Marquette is like 60th in defensive efficiency. They can definitely beat UK but they aren't an elite defensive team. Houston is elite. I don't see UK winning that game.
  4. The bracket really favors them until a possible elite 8 match-up with Houston. No reason the Cats shouldn't get there.
  5. He doesn't have any say in a trade but he does have some control IF they trade. If he isn't willing to sign a long-term contract with another team it makes a trade highly unlikely. Teams aren't going to give up anything to get him for 1 season. For a trade to make sense for the Bengals, Tee has to agree to an extension.
  6. I'd guess that outside of Jefferson County it has never happened.
  7. Campbell Co should have won it in regulation but missed 4 straight FT’s. Looked bleak in OT but Harrison went 1 for 2 at the line with 12 seconds left to go up 2. Jackson for CC hits the game winner at the horn to exorcise the memory of the Jake shot.
  8. Moss is considered to be a better blocker than Mixon and has a better burst. He had several explosive runs last year. I guess we will see if the Bengals run blocking is as bad as we thought, or if Mixon just had terrible vision.
  9. futurecoach summed it up well. I think Mixon still has a future in the league but he doesn't fit with what the Bengals want to move to. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Nashville. The league has shifted to young, cheap, interchangeable running backs.
  10. It could be any number of things from a non-renewal to a resignation. The fact that he deleted his X account may indicate that he doesn't plan to coach at all - considering it was a Coach account. Best of luck to him and to Cooper.
  11. Pat didn't come up until '76. I believe that is Clay Kirby.
  12. So I got Gary Nolan, Don Gullett, Clay Carroll and Jack Billingham. Anyone know who the guy in the background is?
  13. Thanks. I am also prone to falling into a YouTube rabbit-hole. Will check this out.
  14. I don't think Wright State meant to foul there. The NKU player was in the lane shooting a 2 with 5 seconds left. A mistake by both players in my opinion. The 2nd-shot-miss rarely works but the shooter (Trey Robinson) executed it perfectly. A tough loss for Wright State.
  15. From what was said by the staff at the combine, I think Mixon has played his last game for the Bengals. They want the offense to be more explosive and generate more big plays. Mixon doesn't provide that. Not to mention that they seemed to be talking about him in the past tense.
  16. Prior to the season, when I heard about the rule change regarding bonus, I asked 2 officials about this exact situation - Player control foul or team control foul and I got 2 different answers. One said it counts as a team foul and one said it does not.
  17. You are correct DD. Greylee did start. These two teams will be battling for a while!
  18. Both teams are very young. Scott started two 8th graders, a freshman and a couple juniors. Brossart started an 8th grader, a sophomore and 3 juniors.
  19. Already looking to expand to 14 games. The SEC and B1G want more of the pie. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/I'd/39619331/sources-14-team-college-football-playoff-momentum
  20. I'm sure some smaller schools staff the arenas, but at larger venues it is an outside party. Schools could demand a plan from them before they sign a contract I suppose. At the Ohio State/Iowa game the staff did what they were instructed to do. Clark elected to run off on her own. In the Duke game, does Scheyer get some blame? There was 1 second left and they were down 4. They weren't winning. Why have your team in the middle of the court? Get your team together, allow your opponent to run the last second and allow the staff to block off the crowd and escort you off the floor. Now a last second shot changes the dynamic.
  21. He goes for the block too soon. People give him a shot fake, he goes up and they throw a pass right by him. Hell, I could fake and dish against him.
  22. Is the school responsible or is the venue? Most arenas are not staffed by school employees. They are outside management companies. The school often has little authority at the venue. There are 100 instances and we've had 2 cases of "injury". In both cases, it appears the player contributed to it. If Caitlin Clark stays with her team they walk off without an incident. It sure looked like this guy acted out of panic or frustration. Threat of forfeit? No way. I'd play with a chicken wire barrier before I agreed to that.
  23. I'm not sure that it did. I did notice that they are still on the Mason Co. roster on KHSAA. They have not appeared in any games for quite a while.
  24. I guess if you are a glass half full person. I have seen nothing, however, that gives me confidence that this team can string together 2 wins in a row for 3 weekends in a row. I hope I'm wrong.
  25. I don't believe they have anyone from Kentucky on their squad.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.