KenPom rankings 2023-24

18 of the last 21 National Champions were ranked in the KenPom top 6 entering the tournament.  Kansas was ranked 6th two years ago.  Connecticut was ranked 4th last year.  

The current Top 6 teams are:

1.  Houston
2.  Purdue
3.  Connecticut
4.  Arizona
5.  Auburn
6.  Tennessee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

18 of the last 21 National Champions were ranked in the KenPom top 6 entering the tournament.  Kansas was ranked 6th two years ago.  Connecticut was ranked 4th last year.  

The current Top 6 teams are:

1.  Houston
2.  Purdue
3.  Connecticut
4.  Arizona
5.  Auburn
6.  Tennessee

Who are the current top 10?

I guess it is just because they are beating each other up but all of the tv talking heads say that hands down the Big 12 is the best conference in the country and yet they only have 1 team in the top 10 and the SEC has 3 teams plus Kentucky is not one of them.

17 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I guess it is just because they are beating each other up but all of the tv talking heads say that hands down the Big 12 is the best conference in the country and yet they only have 1 team in the top 10 and the SEC has 3 teams plus Kentucky is not one of them.

I think it's probably the best, but it's not hands-down.  Might get 10 to the tournament.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:22 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Big 12 has five teams in the Top 15 of the Net and 10 in the top 40.

Next closest conferences are the SEC and ACC with five teams in top 40.

Pretty much every road game in the Big 12 is a Quad 1 opportunity. It is the deepest conference in the country, hands down. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday:

1.  Houston 

2.  Connecticut 

3.  Purdue 

4.  Arizona 

5.  Tennessee 

6.  Alabama 

7.  Auburn 

8.  Illinois 

9.  Iowa State

10. North Carolina 

UK is 21.  UC is 36.  Xavier is 44.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of tonight:

1.  Houston 

2.  Connecticut 

3.  Purdue 

4.  Arizona 

5.  Tennessee 

6.  Auburn 

7.  Duke

8.  Alabama 

9.  North Carolina 

10. Iowa State 

UK is 18.  UC is 47.  Xavier is 51.

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Interesting that UK has dropped after wins over Mississippi State and Arkansas. They also dropped in the NET Rankings.

What hurt them in the NET rankings I heard was that Mississippi State fell to 31st, which took away a Quad 1 win from UK when UK beat them earlier in the year at home. 

• Thanks 1

Completely off topic, but I wish we could put money on predictions for first round matchups for the NCAA tournament. I would put money on that somehow it would “magically” work out that UK and St. John’s would play each other in the first round. With St. John’s looking to be one of the last teams that could make it. It is setting up perfectly for the committee to have a 4 seed vs. 13 seed type matchup between them two. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Completely off topic, but I wish we could put money on predictions for first round matchups for the NCAA tournament. I would put money on that somehow it would “magically” work out that UK and St. John’s would play each other in the first round. With St. John’s looking to be one of the last teams that could make it. It is setting up perfectly for the committee to have a 4 seed vs. 13 seed type matchup between them two. 

No sir.  The NCAA doesn't arrange those kinds of matchups on purpose.  I've heard them say that many times.

• Haha 2