Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Ludlow 46 Bishop Brossart 35
I was very impressed with Ludlow. They are obviously well coached and they made some nice adjustments at halftime. They ran some old-school wishbone at times, with some options and fake hand-offs. They executed it very well.
-
Bengals 17 Giants 7
The big discussion now is whether Brown should have stopped before the goal line to allow the Bengals to take 3 knees and run out the clock.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 9) *Bonus Point Available*
-
Bengals 17 Giants 7
The effort put forth by the defense was evident. The problem is that they lack the personnel to stop the run. I was shocked that the Giants even tried to throw the ball. Lou has to scheme out a solution every week.
-
Oregon 32 Ohio State 31
100%. TV and the NCAA like offense. Looks like OSU only dropped to #4.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 8) *Bonus Point Available*
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 6) ***Early Deadline***
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 5)
-
Miami WR Tyreek Hill detained by police before game today
If Hill and the club are smart they have him pay the fine and move on. Nothing to be gained by arguing this.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 4)
-
Chiefs 27 Ravens 20
Harbaugh was going to go for 2 and I think they would have won the game. Tough loss by centimeters.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 3)
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 2)
-
Newport Central Catholic at Walton Verona Predictions/Updates
If WV doesn't get their QB back this one will be ugly. NCC by a lot.
-
9th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
Just outside of 30 years, but Jack Jennings was the most dominant player I ever saw play in the 9th region. I think he averaged over 30 ppg his senior year. Unstoppable.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
2024 Newport Wildcats
KHSAA has them at 18 players.
-
Rules Emphasis for 2024
5. Mistakes in officiating will be eliminated when fumbles, dropped passes, missed assignments, and blown coverages are eliminated as well. Totally agree. A coach once told me that at a minimum the officiating should be comparable to the level of play. If Johnny's team makes 30 mistakes a game why should you expect perfection from the refs and how are any referee mistakes impacting the game?
-
Newport Trailer Park
There are none that I know of in Newport. There used to be the park in Bellevue but that has been cleared for a new development. Not sure.
-
Transfer portal and NIL’s effects on mid-majors
I realize that this is very frustrating for fans. Players coming and going makes for little continuity. It also has to be difficult and frustrating for coaches. Not only do they have to recruit new players they have to continue to recruit their own. The reason I am ok with it is what it means to the players. Yes, mid-majors will lose players who perform, but what a great opportunity for those players. To go from the Horizon league to the SEC would validate all their hard work and allow them to showcase their talent to a bigger audience. Tweaks need to be made but I support what it does for the athletes.
-
Nationals at Reds (3/28 - 3/31)
Very much looking forward to the season. As far as injuries go, the biggest is Matt McLain. He could be out for quite a while. TJ Friedl should be back in May. Several pitchers on the DL most notably Lodolo, Moll and Williamson. All should be ready in a couple weeks.
-
2024 Cincinnati Bengals
I think they had a revolving door at RT last year but I believe Conor McDermott was the starter when they played Pittsburgh. Also, Watt moves all around the line so he probably did have snaps against Brown.
-
Who Is The Kentucky Coach Next Season?
I really think it's a toss up as to what happens. I can see Cal's ego causing a problem in the meeting and at that point who knows? If Cal would give more control to an assistant or two it would help - again the ego won't allow that. As to who gets the job if it opens up... you absolutely call Jay Wright; Billy Donovan: Brad Stevens, and Dan Hurley and make them tell you no. I think they all would. Beyond that I think the finalists would be Bruce Pearl, Scott Drew, Mark Few (my preference), and probably Shaka Smart.
-
Lyon County 67 Harlan County 58 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16® Championship)
I think the correct call was made. You often see players throw the ball toward the goal in that situation. To me, it's a reaction to the contact. Had it gone the other way it would be even more controversial. It's smart to try it though.