Nationals at Reds (3/28 - 3/31)

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Anyone excited for the 2024 Reds season to kickoff?

I would say my interest in the Reds is at an all time low but I am open minded.

If you are at an all time low, you ignored last year. That team last year was a lot of fun.

My excitement for this year has been tempered by the injuries. Still, it has been several years since I was this excited for a Reds season coming out of spring training.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If you are at an all time low, you ignored last year. That team last year was a lot of fun.

My excitement for this year has been tempered by the injuries. Still, it has been several years since I was this excited for a Reds season coming out of spring training.

Who all is out with injuries?  More particularly,  what starters are out?

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I paid some attention last year but there was nothing about that team or the several before it, or this years team that gets me excited.  Add to that, MLB strikes me as somewhat corrupt too so there is that. 

Very much looking forward to the season.  As far as injuries go, the biggest is Matt McLain.  He could be out for quite a while.  TJ Friedl should be back in May.  Several pitchers on the DL most notably Lodolo, Moll and Williamson.  All should be ready in a couple weeks.  

14 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Who all is out with injuries?  More particularly,  what starters are out?

15 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

Very much looking forward to the season.  As far as injuries go, the biggest is Matt McLain.  He could be out for quite a while.  TJ Friedl should be back in May.  Several pitchers on the DL most notably Lodolo, Moll and Williamson.  All should be ready in a couple weeks.  

The injuries listed by REALSPORT plus starting 3B Noelvi Marte is out 80 games due to PED violation. So 1/3 of the starting hitters out. But this team has depth. We will see if that depth pays off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theguru said:

I would say my interest in the Reds is at an all time low but I am open minded.

My interest would be a whole lot higher if I could watch them on YouTubeTV.

Still looking forward to the season. Heading down to GABP shortly for work.

Got a feeling the Reds don't get the W today, I hope I'm wrong. I just think the Reds 2018 2nd Round draft pick is going to pitch lights out against the Reds today.

• Like 2