Big 10 East Predictions

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Big 10 East Predictions

1. Ohio State, because Day's job depends on it

2. Michigan, because I think they are better than Penn State.

3. Penn State, no reason except they should be better than the rest of the east.

4. Indiana, better than expected this year.

5. Maryland, little Tua going to do some things this year.

6. Sparty, what are you doing this far down?

7. Rutgers, 7th seems too high for them.

• Like 2

I think Ohio State runs roughshod on the last year of this Big 10.

1.  Ohio State 

2.  Michigan

3. Penn State - This is James Franklin's ceiling.

4.  Rutgers - I think Wimsatt has a breakout year and they could be better than all the teams in the Big 10 West.

5. Indiana

6.  Maryland

7.  Michigan State

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 12:43 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

1. Ohio State, because Day's job depends on it

2. Michigan, because I think they are better than Penn State.

3. Penn State, no reason except they should be better than the rest of the east.

4. Indiana, better than expected this year.

5. Maryland, little Tua going to do some things this year.

6. Sparty, what are you doing this far down?

7. Rutgers, 7th seems too high for them.

This will be an interesting season for Ohio State.  A new QB and a suspect O line aren't a good combo.  Of course they have great WR and RB, plus a hopefully improved D.  The Georgia "almost" game helps him, as does the incredible class he is putting together.  He can recruit them but can he coach them up?  If he loses to Michigan again, would the administration want to jeopardize losing that class?   

6 hours ago, REALSPORT said:

This will be an interesting season for Ohio State.  A new QB and a suspect O line aren't a good combo.  Of course they have great WR and RB, plus a hopefully improved D.  The Georgia "almost" game helps him, as does the incredible class he is putting together.  He can recruit them but can he coach them up?  If he loses to Michigan again, would the administration want to jeopardize losing that class?   

They can have top 5 classes every year. If they lose to Michigan again, it's going to be hard for Day to keep the hardline fans behind him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They can have top 5 classes every year. If they lose to Michigan again, it's going to be hard for Day to keep the hardline fans behind him.

I think we will have to see how it unfolds. I do believe Harbaugh was on the hot seat until his first win against tOSU a couple years ago. But Day has a much more stellar year over year resume compared to what Harbaugh had going into the hot seat season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I think we will have to see how it unfolds. I do believe Harbaugh was on the hot seat until his first win against tOSU a couple years ago. But Day has a much more stellar year over year resume compared to what Harbaugh had going into the hot seat season.

I agree completely. The only difference is the OSU fans are much less forgiving than Michigan's. They won't suffer through yearly losses to Michigan. Difference in the fan bases: Michigan fans think their program is just as good as Ohio State's. Ohio State fans know theirs is better than Michigan. 

• Like 1