2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

What can we expect from the 2023-24 team? It looks like Kentucky will play in Canada inJuly Per KSR and Calipari.

. Sources tell KSR that Kentucky is set to represent the United States and play against international competition. Baylor University participated in the same event, the GLOBL JAM, in Toronto last July 5-10.

It was an Under-23 tournament that featured teams from USA, Canada, Italy and Brazil in a partnership between Canada Basketball and the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). Recognized by FIBA, the tournament featured a four-team pool competing in round-robin action from July 5-8, followed by the semifinal round on July 9 and the championship on July 10.

• Thanks 1

This is my stab at next years Roster so far.

Reed Sheppard-Frosh
Aaron Bradshaw-Frosh
Ugonna kingsley Onyenso- Sophomore
Adou Thiero-Sophomore
Justin Edwards-frosh
Dj Wagner-frosh
Robert Dillingham- frosh
Cj Fredrick-super senior-covid
Antonio Reeves-super senior-covid
Lance ware-senior

26 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Reed Sheppard-Frosh
Aaron Bradshaw-Frosh
Adou Thiero-Sophomore
Justin Edwards-frosh
Dj Wagner-frosh
Robert Dillingham- frosh
Lance ware-senior

That's about what I am thinking. 

4 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Reed Sheppard-Frosh
Aaron Bradshaw-Frosh
Adou Thiero-Sophomore
Justin Edwards-frosh
Dj Wagner-frosh
Robert Dillingham- frosh
Lance ware-senior

I think Fredrick would be stupid to come back, because he won’t see the floor. Reeves coming back would be great though! 

I personally hope Collins comes back, because I think he could be a Nick Richards type jump next year if he came back. 

6 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I think Fredrick would be stupid to come back, because he won’t see the floor. Reeves coming back would be great though! 

I personally hope Collins comes back, because I think he could be a Nick Richards type jump next year if he came back. 

I agree Fredrick may not see the floor, but does coming back let him finish a degree and set himself up for life? If so, 100% do it and enjoy the ride with UK while doing so. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Reed Sheppard-Frosh
Aaron Bradshaw-Frosh
Adou Thiero-Sophomore
Justin Edwards-frosh
Dj Wagner-frosh
Robert Dillingham- frosh
Lance ware-senior

What do you think Livingston does?  I don't see him being a 1st round NBA pick (2nd round for that matter).  Does he transfer?  

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.  

40 minutes ago, okie1 said:

What do you think Livingston does?  I don't see him being a 1st round NBA pick (2nd round for that matter).  Does he transfer?  

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.  

That's the guy I'm most interested in seeing what his return season could be. You can tell there are certain guys Calipari loves because he can see their upside, and it reflects in the minutes (see Toppin the previous two seasons). Livingston is raw, but with some seasoning could be a force.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I gotta go to work said:

Schedule so far, Louisville, Michigan, CBS Classic, Champions Classic, ACC/SEC Challenge...

I forgot about this. I wonder if it will be early season or late January like the SEC did with the Big 12? I like the random mid-season OOC game.

Kansas is the Champions Classic game next year. It is supposed to be the UNC year for the CBS Classic, but things got thrown off kilter with COVID, so UK played UNC twice in a row. So maybe it'll be tOSU?

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

What else is he going to do? He's not going pro, I'd imagine he'll be just fine taking a limited role on a potential Final Four team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I agree Fredrick may not see the floor, but does coming back let him finish a degree and set himself up for life? If so, 100% do it and enjoy the ride with UK while doing so. 

Yep. Easy decision. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What else is he going to do? He's not going pro, I'd imagine he'll be just fine taking a limited role on a potential Final Four team. 

1 hour ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Some dismiss this or say it is Calipari's fault, but there is a BIG difference from being just a guy on Iowa to being a relied upon guy at UK. If the roster fills out and he is not needed to be a major contributor, I could see him fitting in nicely on a more skilled UK roster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

That's the guy I'm most interested in seeing what his return season could be. You can tell there are certain guys Calipari loves because he can see their upside, and it reflects in the minutes (see Toppin the previous two seasons). Livingston is raw, but with some seasoning could be a force.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Georgetown. Him and Bryce Hopkins are very similar type of players. He saw how Ed Cooley allowed Hopkins to be the man for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if Livingston tried to follow that route. 

• theguru changed the title to 2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats