2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Jack Pilgrim has reported that Livingston is most likely leaving for the draft. Said numerous NBA contacts expect that he'll get drafted.

Is Livingston projected as a first round draft pick? I wouldn't think he would be at this time but saw someone say last night that he was probably staying in the draft.

Reed Sheppard got 2nd in the Powerade Jam Fest 3 point contest with 20. The winner Jared McCain going to Duke Shot a crazy 27. Reed actually got first with 18 in the prelims. You rarely ever see anyone shoot over 23 in the Powerade jam fest  3 point contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

Jack Pilgrim has reported that Livingston is most likely leaving for the draft. Said numerous NBA contacts expect that he'll get drafted.

He also reported tonight that Reeves will test waters but will likely be back as the scouts he (Pilgram) has talked too says no way he’s getting drafted and he’s not gonna be making 6 figures in the G-League. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Toppin has officially declared for the draft and will forego a fifth college basketball season.

As I've said, I think Toppin has a shot at becoming a "Three 'n D" at the next level.

I am going to put Toppin in my Rajon Rondo category and say the same thing I said about Rondo. I think Toppin will be better in the NBA than he was at UK.

• Like 2

I regularly check NBA mock drafts throughout the season. The lowest I have seen Cason Wallace going is #14. I checked just now and here is where a few various mock drafts have him going: #11, #12, #8, #14.

Here is what this mock draft from USA Today said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-march-madness-ncaa-tournament-projections

Kentucky had an underwhelming campaign, but it wasn’t because of Cason Wallace. The SEC All-Freshman guard was perhaps the most promising of the backcourt prospects in college basketball last season, shooting 15-for-31 (48.4 percent) on corner 3-pointers, via CBB Analytics.

Wallace averaged 0.77 passes per touch, per AI-Powered statistics provided by Stats Perform. That was the highest among all projected first-round draft picks. 

He maintained a high steal rate throughout the season, too, showing his prowess as a defensive playmaker. He projects well as a solid contributor at the next level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:03 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I am going to put Toppin in my Rajon Rondo category and say the same thing I said about Rondo. I think Toppin will be better in the NBA than he was at UK.

I agree with this and believe he was trending in that direction at UK. I think if he came back next year, he would have been one of the best players in college basketball assuming Oscar left. I think having a 5 that didn’t need to stay down low, would have helped Toppins game out even more. So that spacing in the NBA should definitely help elevate his game even more. Which would give some of our regular Cal haters ammo on in saying he didn’t develop Toppin or use him right once he continues to develop as a pro.