2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cal had a part in playing him this year.

Yes he did but it truly wasn't what Onyenso wanted  his handlers did all the talking. Just watch this and Jack Pilgrim tells it how it is. Onyenso really enjoyed Kentucky. It's sad really these kids can't truly make their own decisions.

Here is the Kentucky schedule for Toronto Canada in July.

pool play Germany July 12th

Canada July 13th

Africa July 15th

July 17th- Championship

Former maple leafs garden is location.

Jack Pilgrim read a dm on air he got on sources say.

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

And Coach Cal. He didn't get playing time, and he should have. The Cats could have used a rim protector. Suddenly when the season ends Cal talks about how great Onyenso is, yet Cal couldn't find him 5 minutes of PT this year.

He definitely should have gotten the few minutes a game Ware got anytime Oscar was out. With that said even if he had gotten those five minutes a game, it’s very doubtful he would have been back because of his handlers. All indications is he wanted to be back and was happy with how things were this year, it is his handlers who were not. Even the next day after the season was over he said he would be back next year and said these exact words.

"I will be back next season…. I probably won't have Oscar, Jacob around... I know that's a position I need to fill. The things they didn't achieve. I will work to achieve it for them. I am just going to work."

These words sounds like a guy that was planning on being back and other people have now influenced him to leave. However, that’s the world we live in now with the transfer portal and NIL and every team is dealing with the same issues with it. 

https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2023/3/21/23650537/ugonna-onyenso-kentucky-basketball

• Like 1

If Kentucky gets Hunter Dickinson and has Oscar back how does this work?  Also Aaron Bradshaw.  

Hunter Dickinson being 7 foot averaged 9.0 rebounds per game.  He averaged 1.7 blocks per game which put him 40th in the country.  Oscar averaged 1.0 per game.  So you would have to change the offense to make sure he got his shots?  He is a pretty nice offensive player but does UK need another slow post player?  Now he does shoot 42% from three point range but is not a good passer and will turn it over more than assists.   Where does he fit in if Oscar is back?  

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

If Kentucky gets Hunter Dickinson and has Oscar back how does this work?  Also Aaron Bradshaw.  

Hunter Dickinson being 7 foot averaged 9.0 rebounds per game.  He averaged 1.7 blocks per game which put him 40th in the country.  Oscar averaged 1.0 per game.  So you would have to change the offense to make sure he got his shots?  He is a pretty nice offensive player but does UK need another slow post player?  Now he does shoot 42% from three point range but is not a good passer and will turn it over more than assists.   Where does he fit in if Oscar is back?  

Neither is athletic enough to be on the court together.  You would have to play match ups.  Since Call seemingly guarantees playing time to certain people, I'm not sure how that would work.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cincyswords said:

I don't think they get Dickinson if Oscar is back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Oscar comes back, he will want to be a 4 and get out of the post. He needs that to boost his NBA prospects.

I'd like to see Oscar get that opportunity, but (in my opinion) he would need to be paired with an athletic 5 (like the guy leaving) instead of a slow plodder like Dickenson.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Here is the Kentucky schedule for Toronto Canada in July.

pool play Germany July 12th

Canada July 13th

Africa July 15th

July 17th- Championship

Former maple leafs garden is location.

Jack Pilgrim read a dm on air he got on sources say.

Might actually make the trip up there for it, depending on how much tickets cost.