2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

Frederick is probably making 6 figures in NIL money.  He would be silly not to come back IMO.  It might also spring board him into a future coaching role if that is something that interests him.

I also think Oscar's best earning potential is at UK next year.  But I am not sure where he and Cal's relationship is at this point.

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Collins would need to gain about 60 lbs to be able to do what Richard's could his last year at UK.

I said a Nick Richards type jump meaning a player that didn’t do much their first two years, to all of a sudden a player that contributed in a big way. His style of play is different than Richards, so his type of jump would be with a different style of play though obviously. 

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

Frederick is probably making 6 figures in NIL money.  He would be silly not to come back IMO.  It might also spring board him into a future coaching role if that is something that interests him.

I also think Oscar's best earning potential is at UK next year.  But I am not sure where he and Cal's relationship is at this point.

No way this kid is making 6 figures in NIL money, or at least I hope not.

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

Let's hire Frederick as a graduate assistant. I'm very ready to move on from the player.

In regards to Oscar, I'm not sure that's true. He made nearly $1 million in NIL last year, so on the surface, you're probably right. However, how much of that was earned while they were in the Bahamas? I'd venture to guess a large amount because unless something has changed, he's not allowed to "work" in the US. Maybe he could do the same thing during their Canadian trip, if he was on the team though.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:36 AM, I gotta go to work said:

Schedule so far, Louisville, Michigan, CBS Classic, Champions Classic, ACC/SEC Challenge...

Champions Classic is vs. Kansas (Chicago)
CBS Classic is vs. North Carolina (site TBA)
Gonzaga at Rupp
Michigan at Rupp
Louisville at YUM
Notre Dame at a neutral site (was supposed to be in 22-23 but was pushed back)
ACC/SEC Challenge (TBA)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

At one point I thought there was a collective with UK players, where they all got a percentage of money coming in (walk-ons included).  I heard this in 2021-2022, and the players received 6 figures that year. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

If he has the potential to earn that (again), I would do everything I could to stay at UK for another season. Most aren't earning six figures, let alone someone in college.

I'm not in Lexington, do multiple players have local sponsorship deals? Unless you are a star player, I can't see there would be high value in these things, but what do I know?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Champions Classic is vs. Kansas (Chicago)
CBS Classic is vs. North Carolina (site TBA)
Gonzaga at Rupp
Michigan at Rupp
Louisville at YUM
Notre Dame at a neutral site (was supposed to be in 22-23 but was pushed back)
ACC/SEC Challenge (TBA)

I predict Duke or Virginia in the ACC/SEC

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Joe Frederick is not C.J.'s dad. Joe is his uncle. You are correct that C.J.'s dad works WLW. I am clarifying that Joe, who also works for WLW, is not C.J.'s dad as some might guess from the above.

Joe is his uncle. Grandfather was the legendary Charlie Frederick.

• Like 1

Chris Livingston is trending toward a transfer, Damion Collins is likely to transfer to be closer to family after his dads passing. There are also rumblings Ugonna Onyenso could be on the move due to his handlers who got him to the to the States. If Collins dad was still alive he would most likely be back. Ugonna Onyenso would like for sure be back if it wasn't for his handlers. Antonio Reeves is expected to likely be back because he's probably going to make more in nil than he would in the pro's right now. Ugonna Onyenso  actually  likes it at Kentucky.

6 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Chris Livingston is trending toward a transfer, Damion Collins is likely to transfer to be closer to family after his dads passing. There are also rumblings Ugonna Onyenso could be on the move due to his handlers who got him to the to the States. If Collins dad was still alive he would most likely be back. Ugonna Onyenso would like for sure be back if it wasn't for his handlers. Antonio Reeves is expected to likely be back because he's probably going to make more in nil than he would in the pro's right now. Ugonna Onyenso  actually  likes it at Kentucky. 

Jack Pilgrim has reported that Livingston is most likely leaving for the draft. Said numerous NBA contacts expect that he'll get drafted.

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Jack Pilgrim has reported that Livingston is most likely leaving for the draft. Said numerous NBA contacts expect that he'll get drafted.

He also said he would likely transfer if he didn't get drafted. Either way he's likely not going to be at UK next year.

• Like 1