2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

On 4/6/2023 at 7:48 AM, cincyswords said:

If Kentucky gets Hunter Dickinson and has Oscar back how does this work?  Also Aaron Bradshaw.  

Hunter Dickinson being 7 foot averaged 9.0 rebounds per game.  He averaged 1.7 blocks per game which put him 40th in the country.  Oscar averaged 1.0 per game.  So you would have to change the offense to make sure he got his shots?  He is a pretty nice offensive player but does UK need another slow post player?  Now he does shoot 42% from three point range but is not a good passer and will turn it over more than assists.   Where does he fit in if Oscar is back?  

Dickerson won’t come if Oscar is here. Which Oscar declared today, so now I will change that to Oscar won’t come back to UK if he drops out of the draft. 

I disagree with Dickerson not being a good passer. I watched a decent amount of games of Michigan this year and  He is actually really good at passing it out from the post. He does a really good job at being able to pass it across the court when teams try to double him.  His passing level is 100 times better than what we got from Oscar. So I think it would be a great improvement in regards to passing and ball movement with him. 

29 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Dickerson won’t come if Oscar is here. Which Oscar declared today, so now I will change that to Oscar won’t come back to UK if he drops out of the draft. 

I disagree with Dickerson not being a good passer. I watched a decent amount of games of Michigan this year and  He is actually really good at passing it out from the post. He does a really good job at being able to pass it across the court when teams try to double him.  His passing level is 100 times better than what we got from Oscar. So I think it would be a great improvement in regards to passing and ball movement with him. 

Interior passing was a huge problem this year. 

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Did I see right that Uso is actually coming back now?

I heard that rumor too. Sounds like his handlers didn't like the offers they were being given from other colleges so they are entertaining letting Ugo to come back to Kentucky. From everything I have read it sounds like he still really wants to be at Kentucky. Sucks that these people with ulterior motives have the power to dictate this kids future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tones said:

I heard that rumor too. Sounds like his handlers didn't like the offers they were being given from other colleges so they are entertaining letting Ugo to come back to Kentucky. From everything I have read it sounds like he still really wants to be at Kentucky. Sucks that these people with ulterior motives have the power to dictate this kids future. 

Agree!

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Ugonna Onyenso's handlers have come to their senses and  Ugonna has announced his return to Kentucky after they found out that Ugonna  wouldn't make more nil at another school than he did at UK.

It’s awesome to get him back! Now I hope Collins stays too! I truly think he can make a big jump next year, and the offensive system should fit his style much better too. Assuming Oscar doesn’t come back, they should be able to spread things out more and that fits him and Bradshaw. 

Just now, futurecoach said:

It’s awesome to get him back! Now I hope Collins stays too! I truly think he can make a big jump next year, and the offensive system should fit his style much better too. Assuming Oscar doesn’t come back, they should be able to spread things out more and that fits him and Bradshaw. 

I understand that it's still most likely Collins will transfer. Jack Pilgrim of KSR says nothing has changed in that aspect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I understand that it's still most likely Collins will transfer. Jack Pilgrim of KSR says nothing has changed in that aspect.

That sucks. I know I wouldn’t blame him with all the stuff he has dealt with the last two years and then losing his father to top it off. 

With that said I do think he is a guy that would have a huge role next year if he returned. UK could have two bigs in with him and Bradshaw and still spread the court with them both in and both can block shots. Both are able to shoot and put the ball on the floor. Then also mixing in Ugo now, and you have a very athletic front line that can also block shots.