Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Lyon County 45 Ashland 43 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
Shout out to the refs in this game. They let them play but weren't afraid to call a foul on Lyon Co.'s last shot (the shooter got hammered). Not a fan of whistle-swallowing on last shots.
-
2024 Pittsburgh Steelers
It was certainly a smart pick-up. The question remains to be answered if the QB room is that much better than last year. Wilson and Fields are both prone to throwing the ball to the other team. Of course with the Steeler defense they don't have to have an elite QB.
-
KenPom rankings 2023-24
The advantage they have in their bracket is that their opponents have low defensive efficiency numbers as well. Oakland, Texas Tech and NC State all have low defensive numbers. UK's offense should carry then early. Marquette is like 60th in defensive efficiency. They can definitely beat UK but they aren't an elite defensive team. Houston is elite. I don't see UK winning that game.
-
KenPom rankings 2023-24
The bracket really favors them until a possible elite 8 match-up with Houston. No reason the Cats shouldn't get there.
-
2024 Cincinnati Bengals
He doesn't have any say in a trade but he does have some control IF they trade. If he isn't willing to sign a long-term contract with another team it makes a trade highly unlikely. Teams aren't going to give up anything to get him for 1 season. For a trade to make sense for the Bengals, Tee has to agree to an extension.
-
2024 Sweet 16® Bracket
I'd guess that outside of Jefferson County it has never happened.
-
Campbell County 64 Harrison County 63 (10th Region Championship)
Campbell Co should have won it in regulation but missed 4 straight FT’s. Looked bleak in OT but Harrison went 1 for 2 at the line with 12 seconds left to go up 2. Jackson for CC hits the game winner at the horn to exorcise the memory of the Jake shot.
-
2024 Cincinnati Bengals
Moss is considered to be a better blocker than Mixon and has a better burst. He had several explosive runs last year. I guess we will see if the Bengals run blocking is as bad as we thought, or if Mixon just had terrible vision.
-
Joe Mixon
futurecoach summed it up well. I think Mixon still has a future in the league but he doesn't fit with what the Bengals want to move to. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Nashville. The league has shifted to young, cheap, interchangeable running backs.
-
2024 Cooper Jaguars
It could be any number of things from a non-renewal to a resignation. The fact that he deleted his X account may indicate that he doesn't plan to coach at all - considering it was a Coach account. Best of luck to him and to Cooper.
-
2024 Cincinnati Reds
Pat didn't come up until '76. I believe that is Clay Kirby.
-
2024 Cincinnati Reds
So I got Gary Nolan, Don Gullett, Clay Carroll and Jack Billingham. Anyone know who the guy in the background is?
-
Final Four: The Movie
Thanks. I am also prone to falling into a YouTube rabbit-hole. Will check this out.
-
Northern Kentucky 99 Wright State 97 (OT)
I don't think Wright State meant to foul there. The NKU player was in the lane shooting a 2 with 5 seconds left. A mistake by both players in my opinion. The 2nd-shot-miss rarely works but the shooter (Trey Robinson) executed it perfectly. A tough loss for Wright State.
-
2024 Cincinnati Bengals
From what was said by the staff at the combine, I think Mixon has played his last game for the Bengals. They want the offense to be more explosive and generate more big plays. Mixon doesn't provide that. Not to mention that they seemed to be talking about him in the past tense.
-
Highlands 90 Newport Central Catholic 85 (2OT) (36th District Semi-Finals)
Prior to the season, when I heard about the rule change regarding bonus, I asked 2 officials about this exact situation - Player control foul or team control foul and I got 2 different answers. One said it counts as a team foul and one said it does not.
-
Scott 33 Bishop Brossart 30
You are correct DD. Greylee did start. These two teams will be battling for a while!
-
Scott 33 Bishop Brossart 30
Both teams are very young. Scott started two 8th graders, a freshman and a couple juniors. Brossart started an 8th grader, a sophomore and 3 juniors.
-
2024-2025 12 Team Playoff Schedule
Already looking to expand to 14 games. The SEC and B1G want more of the pie. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/I'd/39619331/sources-14-team-college-football-playoff-momentum
-
Filipowski and Court Storming
I'm sure some smaller schools staff the arenas, but at larger venues it is an outside party. Schools could demand a plan from them before they sign a contract I suppose. At the Ohio State/Iowa game the staff did what they were instructed to do. Clark elected to run off on her own. In the Duke game, does Scheyer get some blame? There was 1 second left and they were down 4. They weren't winning. Why have your team in the middle of the court? Get your team together, allow your opponent to run the last second and allow the staff to block off the crowd and escort you off the floor. Now a last second shot changes the dynamic.
-
Kentucky 117 Alabama 95
He goes for the block too soon. People give him a shot fake, he goes up and they throw a pass right by him. Hell, I could fake and dish against him.
-
Filipowski and Court Storming
Is the school responsible or is the venue? Most arenas are not staffed by school employees. They are outside management companies. The school often has little authority at the venue. There are 100 instances and we've had 2 cases of "injury". In both cases, it appears the player contributed to it. If Caitlin Clark stays with her team they walk off without an incident. It sure looked like this guy acted out of panic or frustration. Threat of forfeit? No way. I'd play with a chicken wire barrier before I agreed to that.
-
Mason County Basketball Soap Opera
I'm not sure that it did. I did notice that they are still on the Mason Co. roster on KHSAA. They have not appeared in any games for quite a while.
-
LSU 75 Kentucky 74
I guess if you are a glass half full person. I have seen nothing, however, that gives me confidence that this team can string together 2 wins in a row for 3 weekends in a row. I hope I'm wrong.
-
Indiana 86 Iowa 69 (Women)
I don't believe they have anyone from Kentucky on their squad.