Coronavirus Courtesy

This is going to be part rant and part request. Brace yourselves people because it is coming. There are going to be fights. There are going to be some heated arguments. I have seen that already happen.

I saw people arguing in a place of business because someone refused to wear a mask and the people wearing masks requested the person put one on.

I saw someone complaining in a place of business about how stupid all this is and then proceeded to purposely cough on the door as he left the place of business.

People are not going to tolerate the lack of courtesy. Regardless of what you believe, have courtesy for the other people who see the 88,000 deaths already and believe there is a risk. If you don't believe, and purposely cough around me, get ready because I'm not taking it - and I don't think I'm alone in that feeling.

Don't take whatever you believe out on all the innocent people around you. Put on your mask, have some courtesy and let's work our way through this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noted in another thread I have questions myself on how well masks do, but to me there are bigger worries in life. You are being asked to wear a mask, not have an extremity removed. In the interest of courtesy and relaxing anxieties, that is enough of a reason to wear a mask or at least have one handy.

This is going to be part rant and part request. Brace yourselves people because it is coming. There are going to be fights. There are going to be some heated arguments. I have seen that already happen.

I saw people arguing in a place of business because someone refused to wear a mask and the people wearing masks requested the person put one on.

I saw someone complaining in a place of business about how stupid all this is and then proceeded to purposely cough on the door as he left the place of business.

People are not going to tolerate the lack of courtesy. Regardless of what you believe, have courtesy for the other people who see the 88,000 deaths already and believe there is a risk. If you don't believe, and purposely cough around me, get ready because I'm not taking it - and I don't think I'm alone in that feeling.

Don't take whatever you believe out on all the innocent people around you. Put on your mask, have some courtesy and let's work our way through this.

Okay, I will bite. The average non-mask wearer will whip the average mask wearer every day of the week and twice on Sunday. In other words, keep your mouth shut behind that mask or it probably is not going to end well for you.

I noted in another thread I have questions myself on how well masks do, but to me there are bigger worries in life. You are being asked to wear a mask, not have an extremity removed. In the interest of courtesy and relaxing anxieties, that is enough of a reason to wear a mask or at least have one handy.

The best I can tell a N95 mask doesn't even completely stop this virus and anything lesser is a joke and a false sense of security.

We can argue about whether or not we should be wearing masks in public, but if you're a person who's like the guy purposely coughing on stuff, you've deserve whatever you've got coming to you... and I hope it's bad.

I get being annoyed about having to wear a mask. I'll be honest and say me wearing a mask depends on how busy a place is when I go. If it looks busy, I'll probably put mine on. If it's not, I won't. If someone tells me I can't enter a business without one on, I'll either put mine on or I'll leave, without making a big deal about it.

It's pretty simple, don't be a jerk. The world doesn't revolve around you. It's not like you don't have options. Put on a mask, go somewhere that doesn't require you to, or stay home. Nobody cares what right you THINK is being infringed upon.

Okay, I will bite. The average non-mask wearer will whip the average mask wearer every day of the week and twice on Sunday. In other words, keep your mouth shut behind that mask or it probably is not going to end well for you.

That is an extremely silly thing to say.

Just because someone is stubborn and self-centered doesn't mean they can fight.

The mask is for those around us, not to protect us per se'. Many people are just rude and others are always looking for a reason to complain...just put the stupid mask on.

You heard the man, shut up and do what you are told!

The best I can tell a N95 mask doesn't even completely stop this virus and anything lesser is a joke and a false sense of security.

You're probably right on the effectiveness, but I have hard time thinking it is zero benefit. Maybe it is only 1%. That said, if I can bring about a sense of security with this, I am not going to take a stand against others that need said sense of security.

Everyone I know who has actually studied medicine disagrees with you. Any face covering at all can stop droplets that carry the virus when you cough, sneeze, or even breathe on something.

It may not stop you from getting it, but it's extremely effective at preventing you from spreading it to others if you're an asymptomatic carrier.

Preach on!

That is an extremely silly thing to say.

Just because someone is stubborn and self-centered doesn't mean they can fight.

I don't think it is silly to say because I think it is true.

I agree with your second point which I why I said average. Or put another way, I am sure there are some of the mask wearers that can actually fight so maybe if any of us come across any of the VoR's of the world we should think twice before coughing.

This is a ridiculous baseless thing to say. Not wearing a mask doesn’t make you a tough guy.

Or stay home. :idunno:

That's not always an option.

I had to get blood work last week. Most of the people sitting in the lobby of the lab had no mask. People coughing, sneezing, talking, laughing...if one of them had Covid, it easily could have spread to others in a matter of minutes.