Bald Eagles in Kentucky

Beechwoodfan

I have heard for years that Bald Eagles are making a comeback in Kentucky, but haven’t seen one yet. The mister saw one this morning while diving by Perfect North Slopes, which is pretty close to Northern Ky. Would love to see one flying around NKY in my lifetime. Has anyone in NKY seen one?

There are several spots in Northern Kentucky. The one that you will see them is down near Riverside Marina in Dayton Kentucky. We actually have a couple nest on our farm property in Southern Campbell County. They are around you just have to be looking for them.

I've seen them in several spots. There's a pair of bald eagles that nests in the trees around the lake at the southwest corner of Valhalla Golf Course in Louisville. It's somewhat visible from Shelbyville Road, although not visible up close.

There's also one I've seen several times that nests in the trees on the large lake at Perry Park Golf Resort in Owen County.

The ordinary urban citizen doesn't know the difference in buzzards, crows, hawks, eagles etc., at a distance and really don't pay attention to them.

99% of others who would have been in my situation sitting in that drive-thru line at Burger King that I speak of in my thread in the Great Outdoors forum, not only wouldn't have paid any attention to that bird, let alone been able to identify it as an eagle. Eagles have a very distinct flying pattern.

Because I spend meaningful time in Canada where Eagles are common sightings, allowed that particular bird to draw my attention. 99 44/100% of others would not have even noticed him.

I just returned from Pickwick Lake, Tennessee where I saw several eagles, or the same eagle or eagles multiple times. They are majestic birds, and even after seeing hundreds of them, am always excited to see the next one.

Fairly certain some have been spotted near the Sunset Grill in Warsaw.

I think their nest is across from the Walnut Valley campground and they work wide area above and below the Markland Dam. They've been spotted in the trees by my folks' place before.

I have heard for years that Bald Eagles are making a comeback in Kentucky, but haven’t seen one yet. The mister saw one this morning while diving by Perfect North Slopes, which is pretty close to Northern Ky. Would love to see one flying around NKY in my lifetime. Has anyone in NKY seen one?

My better half has followed one at Kincaid Lake for the last year or two. She has some really good pictures. I will post some when I can.