Open Job: Corbin

He had upset Greer. Current assistant super by making claims he cost them a state champ. He allegedly threw multiple assistants under the bus after the 2018 loss in the finals and that broke up the dream team. Haddix is a friend of mine and a great football coach. Just think he accidentally wore out his welcome in Corbin. He will do good things in Boyle if he lets the coaches work for him it’s an awesome place to work and a great community to be a part of. Best of luck to the Hounds moving forward.

The least surprising move:

French to Corbin, Greer stays on as DC.

With that said, if this happens you essentially will go from an ascending Head Coach with decades of coaching left to an established Head Coach probably starting the back end of his career.

Would definitely be a different dynamic in Redhound Country.

He had upset Greer. Current assistant super by making claims he cost them a state champ. He allegedly threw multiple assistants under the bus after the 2018 loss in the finals and that broke up the dream team. Haddix is a friend of mine and a great football coach. Just think he accidentally wore out his welcome in Corbin. He will do good things in Boyle if he lets the coaches work for him it’s an awesome place to work and a great community to be a part of. Best of luck to the Hounds moving forward.

"The Dream Team" definitely has a chance to go down in EKY lure under the filing of "what could have been."

Between Haddix, Greer, Mills, and Russell you had not only four former Head Coaches, but Head Coaches who had been established winners at well known programs. That's a lot of baggage to check at the door!

I felt like that Belfry game in 2016 started the fire a little. I could wax poetically about some of the things Belfry felt happened, but Corbin definitely took a gut punch at the end of the Half on Haddix's decision that changed the momentum 180 degrees. Corbin had put all hands on deck to upset Belfry and then it fell apart after that decision to go for it at the end of the half backfired instead of taking the 3 points.

In 2017, there were a couple of things that arose throughout the season and then the loss to Boyle and subsequent fallout internally strained the relationship more.

in 2018, that Central game was the boiling point. Once Corbin knocked off Boyle it was almost unfathomable that anything less than a title happened. For the game to play out as it did, and then the drama after the game, it just brought everything to a head.

I don't think you can point to any individual party as being at fault here. I just think it was a case of too much ego and competitiveness that did not handle coming up short three straight years in the coach's meetings. For most around the Corbin program, at least one Title was the minimum expectation for that three year run, when no title came back and all in highly contested close games, I think the pot simply boiled over.

"The Dream Team" definitely has a chance to go down in EKY lure under the filing of "what could have been."

Between Haddix, Greer, Mills, and Russell you had not only four former Head Coaches, but Head Coaches who had been established winners at well known programs. That's a lot of baggage to check at the door!

I felt like that Belfry game in 2016 started the fire a little. I could wax poetically about some of the things Belfry felt happened, but Corbin definitely took a gut punch at the end of the Half on Haddix's decision that changed the momentum 180 degrees. Corbin had put all hands on deck to upset Belfry and then it fell apart after that decision to go for it at the end of the half backfired instead of taking the 3 points.

In 2017, there were a couple of things that arose throughout the season and then the loss to Boyle and subsequent fallout internally strained the relationship more.

in 2018, that Central game was the boiling point. Once Corbin knocked off Boyle it was almost unfathomable that anything less than a title happened. For the game to play out as it did, and then the drama after the game, it just brought everything to a head.

I don't think you can point to any individual party as being at fault here. I just think it was a case of too much ego and competitiveness that did not handle coming up short three straight years in the coach's meetings. For most around the Corbin program, at least one Title was the minimum expectation for that three year run, when no title came back and all in highly contested close games, I think the pot simply boiled over.

I've long wondered about that event. It seems that not only the loss but that "reaction" "Fight" "Punch" seemed to tarnish everything Corbin had a accomplished to that point. Just my take. :thumb:

The least surprising move:

French to Corbin, Greer stays on as DC.

With that said, if this happens you essentially will go from an ascending Head Coach with decades of coaching left to an established Head Coach probably starting the back end of his career.

Would definitely be a different dynamic in Redhound Country.

I have heard French. Puts him back in a District with Lincoln County, where he was head coach 2003-2007 and makes it trade as Boyle gets Corbin’s most recent coach and Corbin gets a former Boyle Coach.

Did Corbin have 4 players at the UK Junior day? Maybe overall Boyle has a better roster than Corbin but Boyle's top two players are a Kicker and DE. I am sure the Corbin fans can fill me on the 4 players but they all looked like skill guys. Future success in the next 3-4 years doesn't seem like much difference talent wise between Boyle and Corbin. As stated above maybe there were different reason for leaving Corbin than just on the field/roster.

Did Corbin have 4 players at the UK Junior day? Maybe overall Boyle has a better roster than Corbin but Boyle's top two players are a Kicker and DE. I am sure the Corbin fans can fill me on the 4 players but they all looked like skill guys. Future success in the next 3-4 years doesn't seem like much difference talent wise between Boyle and Corbin. As stated above maybe there were different reason for leaving Corbin than just on the field/roster.

Two of the kids were kids that had been offered by UK. The other two were with friends. One having not played football in a year and the other the QB. One is the Longmire kid who has multiple offers and I believe will be a junior. The other the Patterson kid who will be a sophomore and has a couple offers.

• 2 weeks later...