What good movies have you seen lately?

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm about 30 years behind the times on watching it...but I just rented and watched "Das Boot" for the first time. What a GREAT movie. 209 minuted of subtitles can make things kind of rough for some folks, but I thought the writing, directing and acting were all pretty fantastic and made the subtitles easy to overcome. In my book, it's head and shoulders above "Hunt For Red October" and "Crimson Tide" as far as submarine movies go

Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman

I watched this about a week ago. It was a very interesting character study of a famous British hangman named Albert Pierrepoint who served as one of their primary executioners in the 1930's, 40's and 50's. It didn't overtly make any statements one way or another regarding capital punishment, but it was VERY interesting.

I had never seen the movie "Memento" until a few weeks ago. Still scratching my head! Wife and I watched "Law Abiding Citizen" and "Gone Baby Gone" both good movies.

Never seen Momento but have always heard good things about it.

As far as the other 2, those are both really good movies, but I had to watch something funny after Gone Baby Gone just to get the ending out of my head.