UK/UofL sets ESPN Classic viewership record

UKPat02

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before getting all giddy and pinning medals on Brooks and Barnhart why not do a bit of research and see what that translates to in real numbers then compare to the audiences for previous games on ESPN 1 or 2.

The game was on Sunday morning and again tonight...it was also the lead story on Sunday morning on ESPN...people who refuse to believe that the whole country knows all about the game are getting kind of pitiful at this point...:D

And...people are getting all giddy and pinning medals on Brooks and Barnhart...for beating Louisville...:ylsuper:

The game was on Sunday morning and again tonight...it was also the lead story on Sunday morning on ESPN...people who refuse to believe that the whole country knows all about the game are getting kind of pitiful at this point...:D

Since UK fans are used to watching their team on tape delay I guess that means someting. :D

Again, compare the numbers for LIVE viewership to what they were in past years.

And where would the rating have spiked to last year if UK didn't get CRUSHED. The numbers were cut in well over half in a great game over a blowout. Case closed. Thanks...

Lots of "what ifs", but the fact remains a similar number of people watched this year as watched last year. Does it matter how they got there if they were there?

And where would the rating have spiked to last year if UK didn't get CRUSHED. The numbers were cut in well over half in a great game over a blowout. Case closed. Thanks...

:lol: Huge win for the program, huge for recruiting, everybody knows about it...case closed...

Another nice parting gift for you...:sssh: :banana:

Lots of "what ifs", but the fact remains a similar number of people watched this year as watched last year.

False. A similar number of people tuned in to a fantastic game for only 30 minutes while that same number watched the duration of a beat down for 3 hours. If you can't see the clear disparity in the numbers I don't know what to tell you. If last year was kept close by UK AT ALL it would have been over a 3.0 based on these numbers for the last 30 minutes. If you want to compare, there you go...

:lol: Huge win for the program, huge for recruiting, everybody knows about it...case closed...

Another nice parting gift for you...:sssh: :banana:

It kills you that I'm right on this one doesn't it? Huge? Sure. As huge as it could have been? No chance. The numbers prove it. Thanks for playing. Mitch and Rich cost themselves over a million viewers and numerous potential recruits. Based on your numbers in use, it has to break down evenly. I love being right... :jump:

It kills you that I'm right on this one doesn't it? Huge? Sure. As huge as it could have been? No chance. The numbers prove it. Thanks for playing. Mitch and Rich cost themselves over a million viewers and numerous potential recruits. Based on your numbers in use, it has to break down evenly. I love being right... :jump:

I've yet to see any evidence that it cost them a single potential recruit.....