UK/UofL sets ESPN Classic viewership record

UKPat02

I've yet to see any evidence that it cost them a single potential recruit.....

I've yet to see evidence it gained them one either. Can you not grasp that in those lost million viewers there would have been potential future recruits that didn't see it? Is it really that hard???

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

False. A similar number of people tuned in to a fantastic game for only 30 minutes while that same number watched the duration of a beat down for 3 hours. If you can't see the clear disparity in the numbers I don't know what to tell you. If last year was kept close by UK AT ALL it would have been over a 3.0 based on these numbers for the last 30 minutes. If you want to compare, there you go...

30 minutes or three hours, who cares? The fact is they were watching the game. Rarely do I sit through a whole football game. I'll typically tune in for the last hour or so, but I'm watching the game, forming opinions about the team, program and players.

I think the fact this game set a record for Classic says that people cared about this game enough to tune in and watch. Sure, maybe the numbers could have been higher, but it sure as heck wasn't ignored by the national audience as some would want you to believe.

30 minutes or three hours, who cares? The fact is they were watching the game. Rarely do I sit through a whole football game. I'll typically tune in for the last hour or so, but I'm watching the game, forming opinions about the team, program and players.

After all, you have laundry, vacuuming, dishes and dusting to do while drinking a beer-o-nade... :banana:

It kills you that I'm right on this one doesn't it? Huge? Sure. As huge as it could have been? No chance. The numbers prove it. Thanks for playing. Mitch and Rich cost themselves over a million viewers and numerous potential recruits. Based on your numbers in use, it has to break down evenly. I love being right... :jump:

:rolleyes: Whatever, 99% of the population know better. :thumb:

BTW, attendance at the UK/UL game: 70,851

Attendance at UC's first 3 games COMBINED: 67,664

What do you know about big-time football...:jump:

;):fire: :p

:rolleyes: Whatever, 99% of the population know better. :thumb:

BTW, attendance at the UK/UL game: 70,851

Attendance at UC's first 3 games COMBINED: 67,664

What do you know about big-time football...:jump:

;)

The team I've rooted for all my life has the most wins in CFB history. I know that means a lot around here on the hoops side... :jump:

Everyone I've talked to said they knew Kentucky beat Louisville. Haven't had one, not one, person walk up to me and ask me who won the game. The fact that the last 30 minutes drew a 1.8 which was equal to last year's number tells me that as many people knew who won this year's game compared to how many won last year's game. No one knows for sure what last year's ratings would have been for a close game.

Everyone I've talked to said they knew Kentucky beat Louisville. Haven't had one, not one, person walk up to me and ask me who won the game. The fact that the last 30 minutes drew a 1.8 which was equal to last year's number tells me that as many people knew who won this year's game compared to how many won last year's game. No one knows for sure what last year's ratings would have been for a close game.

Very simple concept to 99.9% of the population. :thumb:

:thumb:

It's funny, because everyone I've talked to at work, school, etc, all said they were watching too, but I guess they don't count. A good number of these people weren't even football fans....

I've yet to see evidence it gained them one either. Can you not grasp that in those lost million viewers there would have been potential future recruits that didn't see it? Is it really that hard???

What are the odds that a signifigant prospect that had no interest in UK would watch the game and suddenly decide he wanted to go to UK? Let's see what the Magic 8 Ball has to say-------Not Likely. How many teenagers period sit and watch an entire college football game that their team or a team that they are interested in playing for doesn't play in? Not many--that's why the last 30 minutes had such a high viewership.