UK/UofL sets ESPN Classic viewership record

UKPat02

So you use your time with recruits asking what channels they watch? :lol:

I ask them about what games they watched when it's pertinent. At worst it's a game on their local FSN feed if they have west coast interest. You never hear much about ESPNU, ESPNC and what I have started calling ESPN JV. They watch what's easy to get, and to be blunt most of them don't have the digital tier packages needed for these games. Again. It was huge. But it would have been bigger in the old slot. A slot UK didn't want because they "needed extra time to prepare". Do you really feel UK wasn't better than UL from day 1 this year? Really???

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it utterly hilarious that people are still talking about "what a stupid move UK made moving this game."

Did Rich Brooks think it gave his team an advantage to play in the 3rd game of the season?

YES HE DID.

Did UK win the football game over a top 10 ranked team and a huge in-state rivalry?

YES THEY DID.

Does Coach Brooks give a nickel for what certain people in the media and else where say?

NO HE DOES NOT!

And yet the UK faithful will argue tooth and nail with anyone who has the audacity to argue against a coaches decision even though said coach now owns a whopping 1-3 in the afore mentioned rivalry and many of the asme fans were calling for his head less then a year ago.

And yet the UK faithful will argue tooth and nail with anyone who has the audacity to argue against a coaches decision even though said coach now owns a whopping 1-3 in the afore mentioned rivalry and many of the asme fans were calling for his head less then a year ago.

Which is a better record then the coach at some other local school......:p

Exactly.

In the minds of most UK faithful Louisville's ranking before Saturday was totally unwarrented. Now they were a legitimate power.:rolleyes:

Not from me....I think UK is around 5th, 6th in the SEC....Middle of the pack. They exposed UofL for what they are IMO, a fraud on the national level. It's a big win for the program, because of their ranking and them being a rival.

Exactly.

In the minds of most UK faithful Louisville's ranking before Saturday was totally unwarrented. Now they were a legitimate power.:rolleyes:

Most UK fans whose posts I read did not say that UL's ranking was unwarranted. They said that it took more than 2 years to be considered a national power. That's the difference. UL and Rutgers were both very good last year and again this year. If they're still hitting the top 15 every year in 5 years then they would be considered a perennial power--which is what most people were saying they weren't.

Most UK fans whose posts I read did not say that UL's ranking was unwarranted. They said that it took more than 2 years to be considered a national power. That's the difference. UL and Rutgers were both very good last year and again this year. If they're still hitting the top 15 every year in 5 years then they would be considered a perennial power--which is what most people were saying they weren't.

So what's the big deal. A mid level SEC team beat a pretender. That's how it reads, and it turn the reaction is weak...

So what's the big deal. A SEC mid level SEC team beat a pretender. That's how it reads, and it turn the reaction is weak...

I don't think I've ever said it was a program changing victory. It was however, a huge step in becoming bowl eligible this season and trying to build on last season's success. I'm not under any illusions that this one win will suddenly make UK turn the corner. It did garner UK quite a bit of positive national attention as evidenced by their jump in the fan's poll on ESPN. Any talk of Woodson for Heisman, a major bowl or becoming a factor in the SEC race is very premature. It was a nice win but it won't change the program by itself.

I don't think I've ever said it was a program changing victory. It was however, a huge step in becoming bowl eligible this season and trying to build on last season's success. I'm not under any illusions that this one win will suddenly make UK turn the corner. It did garner UK quite a bit of positive national attention as evidenced by their jump in the fan's poll on ESPN. Any talk of Woodson for Heisman, a major bowl or becoming a factor in the SEC race is very premature. It was a nice win but it won't change the program by itself.

Fair enough...

Life doesn't begin and end at this board (sorry Guru). The opinion of most UK fans that I have read on this AND OTHER forums was that Louisville wasn't deserving of their ranking this year and in previous years yet now because of one win it has been a 360 degree turn around.

Not from me....I think UK is around 5th, 6th in the SEC....Middle of the pack. They exposed UofL for what they are IMO, a fraud on the national level. It's a big win for the program, because of their ranking and them being a rival.

So now you're a better football mind then those that gave Louisville their rankings in recent years.:rolleyes: