UK/UofL sets ESPN Classic viewership record

UKPat02

And yet the UK faithful will argue tooth and nail with anyone who has the audacity to argue against a coaches decision even though said coach now owns a whopping 1-3 in the afore mentioned rivalry and many of the asme fans were calling for his head less then a year ago.

A year ago it was yet to be seen if Brooks could turn the program around. Also there was need for some criticism with Brooks, but he made some great changes to the staff that have paid off big time.

As for Coach Brooks holding a 1-3 record against the rival, this is the 1st year that UK has had the players to really beat UL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life doesn't begin and end at this board (sorry Guru). The opinion of most UK fans that I have read on this AND OTHER forums was that Louisville wasn't deserving of their ranking this year and in previous years yet now because of one win it has been a 360 degree turn around.

So they still think Louisville wasn't deserving of their ranking this year?:D

And yet the UK faithful will argue tooth and nail with anyone who has the audacity to argue against a coaches decision even though said coach now owns a whopping 1-3 in the afore mentioned rivalry and many of the asme fans were calling for his head less then a year ago.

At least he has his percentage against UofL now. For the record, I have always backed Coach Brooks even when everybody was calling for his head. I just thought he needed more time to get out of the probation era. The recruits will come in time and I think it will be sooner rather than later.

The comments I heard from several marginal UC recruits that have raised interest levels after watching the Oregon State game tells me otherwise. Teenagers don't hunt for games across 20 channels like we do. They watch ESPN and ABC for the most part...

What other games did they have to watch on a Thursday night?

Not from me....I think UK is around 5th, 6th in the SEC....Middle of the pack. They exposed UofL for what they are IMO, a fraud on the national level. It's a big win for the program, because of their ranking and them being a rival.

:thumb: :thumb: Exactly!! I had U.K. as a middle if the pack SEC team as well, 6th maybe. U.L. is good and I never said other wise, just imo not close to as good as some of their fans may say. They were starting a season and claiming BCS / possible NC game and they had not played one game under a new coach yet. That is o.k. as well, their fans should think highly of them - that is usually what a fan is supposed to do ad I don't have a problem with it.

Lil' Brother Just Got Whipped and Sent Home:sssh: :D

Yes, I amoung others are havng some fun with it, could you imagine the post on here from U.L. people if the outcome would have been in their favor??:eek: I remember taking all the trash talk and good natured fun (from most anyway) the last few years and now they are just going to have to take it.

JMO

At least he has his percentage against UofL now. For the record, I have always backed Coach Brooks even when everybody was calling for his head. I just thought he needed more time to get out of the probation era. The recruits will come in time and I think it will be sooner rather than later.

I remeber you backing Brooks all along LC - :thumb: I admit that I was one of the quite a few that were callg for him to be out. I have gladly taken my servig of crow on the subject. :thumb:

I still don't understand how anyone can argue that moving the game hurt UK in any way.

A. The million people that didn't get to watch the game live definitely saw and heard all they needed to (from UK's perspective, anyway) on the repeated Sportscenters, the replays of the games, and the buzz on sports talk radio that it generated. (Check the recruitments of Guy, Neumann, and others)

B. Recruits don't watch games anyway - they watch highlights. Anyone who is around kids can tell you that

C. Kentucky won the game, which can't be argued. If they had played the first week, they may have won by more, or they may have lost - no one on this board knows for sure. To say that their was any mistake in moving it is ridiculous given the results. iIMO, it is a total grasping at straws to hang on to some dignity for a lost argument...

I still don't understand how anyone can argue that moving the game hurt UK in any way.

A. The million people that didn't get to watch the game live definitely saw and heard all they needed to (from UK's perspective, anyway) on the repeated Sportscenters, the replays of the games, and the buzz on sports talk radio that it generated. (Check the recruitments of Guy, Neumann, and others)

B. Recruits don't watch games anyway - they watch highlights. Anyone who is around kids can tell you that

C. Kentucky won the game, which can't be argued. If they had played the first week, they may have won by more, or they may have lost - no one on this board knows for sure. To say that their was any mistake in moving it is ridiculous given the results. iIMO, it is a total grasping at straws to hang on to some dignity for a lost argument...

:thumb:

And where would the rating have spiked to last year if UK didn't get CRUSHED. The numbers were cut in well over half in a great game over a blowout. Case closed. Thanks...

Maybe the fact that USC/Nebraska and 'Bama/Arkansas was showing updates made more people aware of the game. It's possible that more people were actually aware of the game and watched the end of it due to that...

...not sure what that amounts to.