30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Lewis County
    • Mason County

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call Lewis Co and see if they will concede the game and just take the freshmen team and play them. I am serious, there is absolutely no reason to risk a starter getting hurt, just to play this game. Take the freshmen team.

Guys this is ridiculous. I'm really disappointed in the remarks you all have about the Lewis County team. Just because they are down doesn't mean you all have to say such comments as "Call Lewis Co and see if they will concede the game and just take the freshmen team and play them." Imagine if your child was on the Lewis County team.

Lewis County may be down but they have NO quit in them. If the score does get out of hand I'm sure that Coach Buchanan will not humiliate them.

Guys this is ridiculous. I'm really disappointed in the remarks you all have about the Lewis County team. Just because they are down doesn't mean you all have to say such comments as "Call Lewis Co and see if they will concede the game and just take the freshmen team and play them." Imagine if your child was on the Lewis County team.

Lewis County may be down but they have NO quit in them. If the score does get out of hand I'm sure that Coach Buchanan will not humiliate them.

My intent was not to belittle Lewis Co. I hate see any program struggle as badly as Lewis is struggling. I was serious in my comment. Mason Co has a good chance to go far in the playoffs, and I would seriously hate to see Mason Co starting QB, or starting RB, or starting OL, get hurt in a game with Lewis Co, and that player be out for the rest of the season. I hate it that Lewis Co in not able to compete, but maybe they should not be playing a district schedule, or possibly playing a JV schedule for the younger players to get better for next season. I wish Lewis Co the best, I was not belittling them, I was saying that for the true benefit of Mason Co. I hope the staff and players get Lewis Co on track and build a nice program.

Let's not forget about rule #2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" is prohibited in the high school forums. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. If you spot what you believe to be a violation that needs to be addressed, please use the "Report Bad Post" button, or send a message to a moderator.

In 1996, my first trip to Lewis County, they were in the middle of a losing streak, but our halftime score was 6-0. Corky Prater's teams always played us tough. Brandon Combs is doing a great job installing a system the kids at Lewis can hang their hat on as their system for winning.

We did something similar here at Mason- we made our kids think we had a brand of football unlike anyone else that would allow us to win games we shouldn't. When we beat a quality opponent one night and we had only rushed for 26 yards, the kids thought we had found something.

In 97, on a Thursday, I thought the wheels had come off our program at Mason. I thought it was over. The next night we beat Russell for the first time.

Lewis may be alot better and alot closer to being a good team than people think. We respect them and what they are trying to do.

The best part is that the kids(Mason & Lewis) get to play a football game on Friday. Some of us will be closer to the white lines than others, but those of us that are adults will have to watch while the kids have all the fun. Good for the kids!:thumb:

The best part is that the kids(Mason & Lewis) get to play a football game on Friday. Some of us will be closer to the white lines than others, but those of us that are adults will have to watch while the kids have all the fun. Good for the kids!:thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: Great comment - it is all about the kids.