Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.

The Mad Stork

Who will win this game?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Lewis County
    • Mason County

Not helping things is being put in the same district/class as Mason,Russell, the Carters and Fleming. Kids and parents see this as a no win situation and the kids/athletes won't go out for football. Bracken was in the same situation(only to the extreme) when they were lumped with Beechwood, NCC,etc. Can't understand why schools that don't have the numbers year in and year out don't stay independent

Fleming isn't in that district. They are in District 6 with Breathitt, Cawood, Estill and Powell.

"Staying independent" means playing a regular season and then hanging it up. Competing in district play gives you a shot at a postseason game. In some cases, like Lewis, they just have to pull out one upset and they'll be in. Its not always about state championships; Lewis County has only made four playoff appearances ever and none since 1993. Their program needs to crawl before they walk and winning one game this season that would get them into the playoffs would be a monumental step, even if it is only a crawl.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken Lewis dropped out of the playoff system about 8-10 years ago and played an independent varsity/jv schedule. Last I heard Lewis doesn't have soccer, so that is not why kids are coming out for football, I don't know the answer.

You are correct. They were an independent for a couple seasons. I want to think late-90s but I'll have to double check.

The County has never really healed from all the turmoil that consolidation brought. The biggest problem with the varsity team is that there is a less than effective feeder system in place. Every great program has a great junior football league. At some point the Lewis Co jfl program has to come together and get on the same page for the future of the varsity program. JMO

Totally off base.

Many, many Tollesboro kids have been a part of success in football, basketball, and baseball at LCHS the past 15 years.

Ever heard of TJ Lykins, Jason Lykins, Clay Applegate, Zach Harrision, etc.........

Lions were 5-5 and could have easily been 7-3 in Coach Prater's final season as coach.

Take the personal jabs to the pm's....Rule #2

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" is prohibited in the high school forums. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. If you spot what you believe to be a violation that needs to be addressed, please use the "Report Bad Post" button, or send a message to a moderator.

It's really killing you isn't it....:p

Are you a politician or running for President??????? You still haven't answered the question............... Let me refresh your candidate-like mind- Yes or No......... are your saying that Russell is going to spank Mason County???????????????? :jump:

I heard the other day that the new Coach at Lewis was very tough. So, I'm guessing that many of the players just didn't want to work hard. But, now Lewis has the kids who truely want to be out on the field and love to play football.

If that is true then they have a problem because that is not enough.