49 members have voted

1. 1. southwestern vs south laurel

• Southwestern
    • South Laurel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Laurel has scored 77 points in their first 2 games of the season. Needless to say that Warrior Defense will have it's hands full next Friday at the Reservation. Starting District play in this one and it is critical that the young Warriors pull it together for 4 quarters. We have showed signs of greatness only to falter in the 4th quarter. Youthful mistakes are popping up but we are learning from our mistakes. With all the talent we possess, I expect us to explode on someone and it could happen here in District play. The Warriors are not a giving up type team at all. It is merely a jelling process. I personally think it is time for these Kids to make their move and now with some experience under their belts I think it will start this Friday. We are little banged up but I feel that our tough Kids will show what they are made of. Hopefully Matt Davis, Adam White, and Zac Lovins will recover this week and be ready. Good luck to my Warriors and you younger players keep stepping it up...:thumb: :D :flame:

I didn't know it was at the Reservation and I picked SL in a close one because crazy things happen east of I-75. I'll retract that now and pick SW by 7. The Warriors will be fine mid way through the season but right now they are finding their way through these games. Good luck Warriors!!

South Laurel may have scored 77 points, but have they gotten any better at stopping the run this year? They have one the best high school quarterbacks I have ever watched in person. But last year that had a hard time stopping the run and it did matter how many they scored. Just curious, I have not seen them play this year.

The boys in blue will be looking for revenge after last years heartbreaking loss, this is where the term payback comes into effect. Im sure they have been watching last years film all week, SW holds a grudge on this team from last year and they will give payback come nighttime, look for some hard hitting and alot of excitement on the sideline as well as on the field Friday night.

SW-40

SL-20

Actually, from what I saw at last weeks NL/SL game, Bowling only threw long to #13 Bubba Bailey and the rest of the time he threw into the flats to his running backs or threw screen passes to the other 2 wide receivers. So Southwestern needs to keep a spy on Bowling and play a zone D to keep some defenders in the flats and that'll be their key to winning this game.