Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern VS South Laurel... Week #3

southwestern vs south laurel 49 members have voted

  1. 1. southwestern vs south laurel

    • Southwestern
      67%
      33
    • South Laurel
      32%
      16

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

SW's corners played decent against Danville and I look for them to step up big this week.
...#21 Kodi Brooks impressed me with his tenacity against a much larger and lanky 6'6" #1. Our other corner Logan Ellis also defended well agaist the Admirals. It will be a better match-up this week size and speed-wize. Of course I see things through orange and blue glasses which makes me highly biased...:D
  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Kodi has really done well this year. He is like a little tick he latches on and don't let go. He did not get beat last week if I recall it right.

Yeah Kodi has really done well this year. He is like a little tick he latches on and don't let go. He did not get beat last week if I recall it right.
.. On that one the big guy went up high and came down with it. Is that the one you are talking about swforever?..:cool:

Yeah I believe thats it.

South's defense is not that good right now. They really only have 2 go to WR's (King and Bailey), but their running game is improved with a double threat in Merida and Quinn (who I believe is now near 100% which is great news for the Cards). Last year, Baker had 3 TD's against them as SL had a terrific trio in Bingham, Cochis and Baker. This year, they really only have 2 to worry about burning them. I think this one is close, but think that SW will control the LOS and pull out a close one. Hope I am wrong, but here goes.

 

Southwestern 31

South Laurel 28

I think this is the week that SW will see the benefit of it's tough early season schedule. SL is tough but at The Reservation I'll take the Warriors 35-27.

South Laural wins in a big way. Southwesterns D could not stop a middle school team right now. I have also heard that they are banged up on the offensive side of the ball. Like I said early on this will be a long long year for Southwestern.

South Laurel has been having a lot of long years haven't they oldballcoach?

South Laural wins in a big way. Southwesterns D could not stop a middle school team right now. I have also heard that they are banged up on the offensive side of the ball. Like I said early on this will be a long long year for Southwestern.
... You and your info are wrong. SWHS does have a couple last week injurys, but they are not game stoppers. Adam White will be ready to go as will LB Zac Lovins. The offense will be ready and more than willing to offer up some "O" on the struggliung SL defense. Yes, we have had a few injurys and sickness, but I do not see that effecting the multi-faceted Warriors. We have faced 2 strong teams in Rockcastle and Danville and a meeting against SL may be just what the Warriors need to break out... :D :flame:
We have faced 2 strong teams in Rockcastle and Danville and a meeting against SL may be just what the Warriors need to break out... :D :flame:

Even though it was just a scrimmage, many people believe that the meeting between SL and RC was the most physical thus far in the year. SL will bring it this year, they have multiple guys who are two platooned and spread the field to throw various passing plays and formations. They are big and more physical than many teams in the area, they are not a team I'd want to play coming off of 2 losses because they will put a lot of points on the board and force your kids to do the same, which can be exhausting if you are potentially facing an 0-3 record with the schedule not getting any easier.

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against SW. They just dont have the athletes this year that they have had in the past. They do have some good players but not enough. SL 45 SW 21. Also they better find someone to kick the ball last friday night was embarrassing.

Wow, I just looked at the Warriors schedule and if they don't win Friday they might be winless until GrC on the last regular season game.:eek: :eek: I don't see them beating too many of their opponents and that includes my Maroons. I hope they do well but what a schedule!!

Southwestern.

Wow, I just looked at the Warriors schedule and if they don't win Friday they might be winless until GrC on the last regular season game.:eek: :eek: I don't see them beating too many of their opponents and that includes my Maroons. I hope they do well but what a schedule!!

I noticed that last week myself. Regardless of playing a tough schedule, something that all SW fans I've met LOVE, it is a killer to your moral if the team can just win 1-2 games if that.

We know after two years. Sw faces many challenges this year. Best of luck Friday tomahawk choppers.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.