Mason County 62 Montgomery County 57

So much for home court advantage. The better team wins period.

Totally agree! Also I believe in the discussion about the unsportsmanlike especially with the 3 goggles, its the officials that really want to be noticed. Please- these kids watch it everyday on the tv and there is never any penalty. Some officials want to be recognized as well and that is not only in this game but in a lot of games as well. I have known of officials turning around and cussing at fans- that is unprofessional as well as unsportsmanlike.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree! Also I believe in the discussion about the unsportsmanlike especially with the 3 goggles, its the officials that really want to be noticed. Please- these kids watch it everyday on the tv and there is never any penalty. Some officials want to be recognized as well and that is not only in this game but in a lot of games as well. I have known of officials turning around and cussing at fans- that is unprofessional as well as unsportsmanlike.

I'll agree with you that there are some, very few but some, officials who do want to be seen. I could give names, but I won't. Officials who want to be noticed come around about as much as players that want to be noticed, rarely.

What about the technical on Josh Harris for throwing up the "3 goggles"? I've seen players at all levels do that this year, and never seen someone get hit with a T. Interesting time for the first one.

Maybe the officials don't see too many made 3-pointers in the 16th.

That is funny reading this because we were just taking here in the 16th this morning how over the weekend Wing for Rowan done the "3" goggles in Rowan's game v. West Carter and nothing was called. That has been called all season in the 16th. The refs i nthe 16th look at that as taunting. In talking to the refs up here that is supposed to be called. But I guess that is not interprented that way by the 10th region refs. But see that is an example of some of the rules that the KHSAA needs to make sure if they are going to switch regions is callled all over that could have been a call that cost Mason the ballgame.

That is funny reading this because we were just taking here in the 16th this morning how over the weekend Wing for Rowan done the "3" goggles in Rowan's game v. West Carter and nothing was called. That has been called all season in the 16th. The refs i nthe 16th look at that as taunting. In talking to the refs up here that is supposed to be called. But I guess that is not interprented that way by the 10th region refs. But see that is an example of some of the rules that the KHSAA needs to make sure if they are going to switch regions is callled all over that could have been a call that cost Mason the ballgame.

Yes and no. It's no different than some regions calling hand checks more than other regions, but I see what you are saying. When it comes to unsportsman-like, these need to be consistent across the state. What's unsporting in Princeton needs to be what's unsporting in Paris.

So much for home court advantage. The better team wins period.

So Indiana is the better team since they beat UK at Bloomington. You don't don't think home court and that atmosphere that day wasn't worth a few points? Whether it was the adrenaline boosting their players or the nerves of the Wildcats that crowd affected that game hence it was a home court advantage. Home court advantage exists but it doesn't guarantee a win. Would Mason have won at home by more last night, maybe or would Montgomery have lost by more anywhere but home last night, again maybe. You might be the only person in KY who thinks IN is better that UK, period.

So Indiana is the better team since they beat UK at Bloomington. You don't don't think home court and that atmosphere that day wasn't worth a few points? Whether it was the adrenaline boosting their players or the nerves of the Wildcats that crowd affected that game hence it was a home court advantage. Home court advantage exists but it doesn't guarantee a win. Would Mason have won at home by more last night, maybe or would Montgomery have lost by more anywhere but home last night, again maybe. You might be the only person in KY who thinks IN is better that UK, period.

Indiana was the better team that day, translate they won the game.

Better that day!

My opinions: Home court advantage is not worth much if anything to the teams during the tournament because the fans generally travel pretty well. It might be worth more during the season. Familiarity with the gym might be worth a couple of points. As for taunting, it should not be tollerated, not even the mildest form--by the Refs or the Coaches. But it does need to be enforced as uniformly as possible. The kids should be expected to use all of their energy to play as hard as possible and forget the rest.

Which again begs the question as to the reason for "trading officials" for arguably the most important games (regional tourneys) of the season. It sure would have been a shame if a call like this - regardless of who it was called on - tipped the scales in a game - and all because of different "regional interpretations".