Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 62 Montgomery County 57

Featured Replies

Thought the T on Harris was a horrible call. The missed free throws hurt. I have said it before and still think there was a chemistry issue on this team and I don't think it was just with the coach.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise was in way over his head! Home court, it was theirs to lose!

 

So, Mason County is the favorite 2 out of every 4 years by the home court thought? So, I guess O'Hearn was in over his head last year when Clark County won.

 

From what I was told, Wise's resume includes over 200 wins, two Final 4 appearances while coaching in Florida and 21 wins last year at Frankfort -- a school that won 23 combined the 3 years before that.

 

I am guessing you must know Coach Wise and have a personal vendetta against him or know someone you felt should have gotten the job when Griesser left. Keep in mind, he took over a team that was 15-15 last year and 47-43 over the last 3 years. I understand some people felt Montgomery was the favorite going into the season, but those same people had Pendleton No. 2 and Clark 6 or 7. Oops, it was obviously all wrong this year.

wise ran a lot of talented kids of this year is what i'm hearing.

Thought the T on Harris was a horrible call. The missed free throws hurt. I have said it before and still think there was a chemistry issue on this team and I don't think it was just with the coach.

 

I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.

Maybe the officials don't see too many made 3-pointers in the 16th.
Obviously not, sort of like 10th region officials don't see 3pt shooters fouled.
I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.

 

Loved to watch Handshoe play. I for one will miss seeing him play. Best of luck Jake !!!!

From an outsider's perspective, it seems that when all is said and done, Mason is there every year..........or just about.

wise ran a lot of talented kids of this year is what i'm hearing.

 

It seems funny to me that the people posting these comments are from Clark County.

I've been following the MC program from Rison to Griesser to Wise and I don't know what talented kids Wise ran off. Basically the same team players this year that played for Griesser last year. SO PROUD of our team! You would be hard pressed to find more character and better sportsmanship from any other team in Kentucky and that's what matters in life. Congrats on a great season we're so proud of you all!

Rainman is right on the money. Wise is a good coach, and his resume speaks for itself. Montgomery Co. is in good hands.

10th region didn't quite turn out as everyone predicted, but the big dogs made it back to the top. Congrats to Mason Co. Should be a great game tomorrow night!

I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.

 

Where has he had offers from?

Where has he had offers from?

 

I know of a solid offer from Alice Lloyd. Ivy League Columbia is deep in the picture, and there is one other school from TN whose name I cant remember. I would expect a couple more offeres to come in as well.

It seems funny to me that the people posting these comments are from Clark County.

I've been following the MC program from Rison to Griesser to Wise and I don't know what talented kids Wise ran off. Basically the same team players this year that played for Griesser last year. SO PROUD of our team! You would be hard pressed to find more character and better sportsmanship from any other team in Kentucky and that's what matters in life. Congrats on a great season we're so proud of you all!

 

Not from this GRC fan. I have the highest respect for Coach Wise. Montgomery Co will be fine. I can see them coming out next year really hungry to win the 10th region and doing so.

I have nothing against Wise. Just an observation from a basketball fan that watches a lot of ball. Something just didn't click with this team. They were the overwhelming favorite preseason to win the 10th.

I have nothing against Wise. Just an observation from a basketball fan that watches a lot of ball. Something just didn't click with this team. They were the overwhelming favorite preseason to win the 10th.

 

I like how we were the "overwhelming" favorite, but everyone stated all year how the 10th was "wide open". Maybe it was "overwhelmingly wide open". I will be the first to admit that I was hoping this would be the first of a few runs to Rupp, but GRC has surprised everyone (but the GRC faithful) and Mason County is a completely different team with Black and Harris back from injuries. Harris's 2 three pointers were killers last night as well as our 7 missed free throws.

I like Coach Wise. He knows how to coach. He has several young players coming up that will make some noise. Already looking forward to next year!

Mason County

 

Hamm 9 pts 1 reb

Henry 6 pts

Walton 1 reb

Harris 10 pts 1 reb

Osborne 2 pts 1 reb

Black 19 pts 5 rebs

Chambers 6 pts 7 rebs

Johnson 10 pts 2 rebs

 

FG% 59.1

3pt% 36.4

FT% 54.5

 

Montgomery County

 

Prewitt 24 pts 11 rebs

Crisp 7 pts 4 rebs

Handshoe 11 pts 2 rebs

Fruth 9 pts 3 rebs

Jones 3 pts 5 rebs

Kelly 3 pts 2 rebs

 

FG% 42.3

3pt% 27.8

FT% 53.3

 

Mason County 15 17 18 12 62

Montgomery County 15 11 21 10 57

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.