Mason County 62 Montgomery County 57

My opinions: Home court advantage is not worth much if anything to the teams during the tournament because the fans generally travel pretty well. It might be worth more during the season. Familiarity with the gym might be worth a couple of points. As for taunting, it should not be tollerated, not even the mildest form--by the Refs or the Coaches. But it does need to be enforced as uniformly as possible. The kids should be expected to use all of their energy to play as hard as possible and forget the rest.

Home court advantage is a real thing, regardless of what folks from the Maysville area want to believe. It doesn't guarantee a win, it does give an edge. Of all the schools that may have a gripe about travel time, Mason County should be the last. Mason is as closely centered as anyone in the 10th region.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Handshoe=head case.

I have enjoyed reading these posts throughout the past three years. I love the insight of Gold Sunrise, Touch the line, MNCM, PurplePride92, Plato, Colonelfan2001, boonesp, Clyde, MCpap, D-Rob, I know there are a few others that I am missing, you guys do an awesome job. I feel that reading BGPS makes the basketball season even more enjoyable.

This comment from jahearme is in poor taste. Making a comment like that about a kid is unbelieveable. You have no idea what has been endured, none! It is upsetting enough that we did not get to State this year out of the 10th. I do feel that the 10th was well represented by Clark County this year. Clark got better as the year went along. They deserved and earned it. Great job by everyone on that team, especially what Taylor Howard did for them was amazing this year. Our boys will be back next year with the return of Omar, and the inside size that is coming up for us (Montgomery County). It wouldn't surprise me to see a Mr. Basketball come out of Montgomery County next year!

I don't want to drag this out, but the comment from Jahearme needed to be addressed, and isn't deserving of anything else. The only other negative comment that I saw was from puttingforbirdie, and since the location posted for Jahearme is putting for birdie, you guys must be very close.

I thought all three T's were great calls. Coaches and players are told in the pre-game conference that there will be no taunting, baiting or unsportsman-like behavior tolerated in the contest. Waving 3 fingers from the baseline corner to almost midcourt is unsportsman-like at the high school level. Just my opinion.

Only problem I have with it is that it was NOT called at the state tournament. I saw several players do it after a made three on the biggest stage and there was no call.

Don't call it one way at one venue and another way at another venue. Be consistent that is all anyone ever wants from an official.

I have enjoyed reading these posts throughout the past three years. I love the insight of Gold Sunrise, Touch the line, MNCM, PurplePride92, Plato, Colonelfan2001, boonesp, Clyde, MCpap, D-Rob, I know there are a few others that I am missing, you guys do an awesome job. I feel that reading BGPS makes the basketball season even more enjoyable.

This comment from jahearme is in poor taste. Making a comment like that about a kid is unbelieveable. You have no idea what has been endured, none! It is upsetting enough that we did not get to State this year out of the 10th. I do feel that the 10th was well represented by Clark County this year. Clark got better as the year went along. They deserved and earned it. Great job by everyone on that team, especially what Taylor Howard did for them was amazing this year. Our boys will be back next year with the return of Omar, and the inside size that is coming up for us (Montgomery County). It wouldn't surprise me to see a Mr. Basketball come out of Montgomery County next year!

I don't want to drag this out, but the comment from Jahearme needed to be addressed, and isn't deserving of anything else. The only other negative comment that I saw was from puttingforbirdie, and since the location posted for Jahearme is putting for birdie, you guys must be very close.

I am sorry if my comment hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just giving my opinion, which is what this site is all about.

I want to get puttingforbirdie for copyright infringements as well!

Welcome to the site Montblue.

Only problem I have with it is that it was NOT called at the state tournament. I saw several players do it after a made three on the biggest stage and there was no call.

Don't call it one way at one venue and another way at another venue. Be consistent that is all anyone ever wants from an official.

That's why I said it needs to be the same statewide. What's a T in Maysville needs to be a T in Madisonville.

I am sorry if my comment hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just giving my opinion, which is what this site is all about.

I want to get puttingforbirdie for copyright infringements as well!

Welcome to the site Montblue.

Apology appreciated. Just asking to get all the facts before making such an opinion. Thanks again jahearme. Colonelfan2001 is very insightful by the way.

It was not called in the 16th Regional tourney officated by 10th Region Officials. I was told Adam Wing did it the whole tourney which tells me the 16th region officials did not call it all year but sure did in the region tourney.

It was not called in the 16th Regional tourney officated by 10th Region Officials. I was told Adam Wing did it the whole tourney which tells me the 16th region officials did not call it all year but sure did in the region tourney.

Tells me that Wing knew he had new officials and could get away with it. Either way I do not think it warrants a T ever.