Mason County 62 Montgomery County 57

So, Mason County is the favorite 2 out of every 4 years by the home court thought? So, I guess O'Hearn was in over his head last year when Clark County won.

From what I was told, Wise's resume includes over 200 wins, two Final 4 appearances while coaching in Florida and 21 wins last year at Frankfort -- a school that won 23 combined the 3 years before that.

I am guessing you must know Coach Wise and have a personal vendetta against him or know someone you felt should have gotten the job when Griesser left. Keep in mind, he took over a team that was 15-15 last year and 47-43 over the last 3 years. I understand some people felt Montgomery was the favorite going into the season, but those same people had Pendleton No. 2 and Clark 6 or 7. Oops, it was obviously all wrong this year.

That wasn't a bad 15-15, that was a young team with very little experience playing a tough schedule. That 47-43 record was compiled with teams that were not rated in the top 10 in the tenth region and that record could have easily been 20-70 or worse. They over-achieved in those 3 years mentioned. This was the year where they actually had experience and talent coming back. I just think the hopes were a little too high in Mt. Sterling

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason had what 3 T's tonight? One on Henry and Black was the right call. The one on Harris was terrible.

I thought all three T's were great calls. Coaches and players are told in the pre-game conference that there will be no taunting, baiting or unsportsman-like behavior tolerated in the contest. Waving 3 fingers from the baseline corner to almost midcourt is unsportsman-like at the high school level. Just my opinion.

I thought all three T's were great calls. Coaches and players are told in the pre-game conference that there will be no taunting, baiting or unsportsman-like behavior tolerated in the contest. Waving 3 fingers from the baseline corner to almost midcourt is unsportsman-like at the high school level. Just my opinion.

At the high school level you may be right. I have just seen it done alot in college and there it is OK. If they are told this before the game, then like you....it was the right call.

I remember in our home game against Montgomery Co that Bopper clapped his hands when a Montgomery error was committed and they called a T on him. I had never seen that before but found out that any jesture of that type is a T. I don't care for that rule. I didn't think what Harris did last evening should have been called at all. Dumb rule IMO.

Agree 100% with Papa on this one.

It's official. The apocalypse is upon us.biggrin.gif

In all seriousness. Discounting the trivial difference of which bunch of boys in short pants and undershirts trying to put a ball in a hole that we root for; I suspect that our differences are pretty daggone minor.

I am sorry but I just don't see throwing the 3 goggles is unsportsmanship. This is a different era. Punching, shoving cursing a player, etc. those are unsportsman like but the goggles, showing the jersey name, etc. that is just exhuberence.

I am sorry but I just don't see throwing the 3 goggles is unsportsmanship. This is a different era. Punching, shoving cursing a player, etc. those are unsportsman like but the goggles, showing the jersey name, etc. that is just exhuberence.

Only thing you are trying to do by doing the bolded above is made yourself seen. That is unsportsman-like. Period.

Only thing you are trying to do by doing the bolded above is made yourself seen. That is unsportsman-like. Period.

In the decade I grew up in you are right. But 3 or 4 decades later it is not. Elvis' hips were disgraceful in the 60's but they are seen as old fashion now. Times change and not always for the better.