Everything posted by Puttingforbirdie
-
2013 10th Region Tournament...
I think its returning to its appropriate location. Of all the bonehead decisions that Montgomery County is making in their program, the AD might just make another and vote to send the tournament back to the Fieldhouse in the 40th district rotation. I am only kidding, I don't think anyone would be that stupid.
-
Robbie Graham new girls basketball coach at GRC
I agree with greener pastures, loyalty anymore gets you no where. Its unfortunate, Coach Lathem has been in the GRC program for many years and was one of the finalist for this job, but in the end politics win and all the years that Lathem put in as an assistant gets him no where with the Lady Cardinals. Most assistant coaches stay in in hopes of getting their chance to lead a program and work their way up through the ranks such as Lathem in the middle school and at all levels of the high school. This unfortunately didn't happen to a good guy who was for the kids in Scott Lathem. Thumbs down to GRC and all that was involved in hiring a coach.
-
Harrison County job open
This would be a great job for Augusta's Jason Hinson if he would be interested. Someone that would work their tale off and a great motivator. Robin Kelsch would either have 1. up his pay to keep him in A-town or 2. let Hinson pick the menu out for each home game buffet that is laid out on the stage for the conession stand or maybe both.
-
George Rogers Clark Girls job open
GoldSunrise, what is the latest word on this job?
-
George Rogers Clark Girls job open
Haven't heard much about this position lately. When are they looking to fill this, who are some of the candidates?
-
West Carter
Congrats to West Carter and to Coach Scott Tackett. The guy can flat coach and will do great things in Olive Hill.
-
George Rogers Clark Girls job open
I echo therealcoach.....I think Scott Tackett would be a home run hire for GRC. The guy can flat out coach and is great with the kids.
-
Pendleton County Head Coach
Strong is the man.
-
Pendleton County Head Coach
^ Not true
-
Pendleton County Head Coach
^^^Well said in your post NKYThreeFer- I think what looks the worst in this whole situation is that all this talk has been put out there about Simms not going to be renewed and yet he is still officially the coach and will never have the chance to tell his kids first. Instead they hear this stuff and see this stuff on message boards and the very least that the Pendleton administration could have allowed Coach Simms to be able to deliver what his intentions were going to be professionally. With the resume that he has built and how loyal he has been at Pendleton over the last 10-11 years at Pendleton County, one would think Coach Simms would have had the opportunity to tell his players first. I still think he would have never accepted the administration job had he felt comfortable in his coaching job. This guy will resurface somewhere down the road in a coaching job- he is too good for the game and most importantly for the kids.
-
Pendleton County Head Coach
Says a lot about the person that makes the choice of who is hired and who is fired. Nobody can be comfortable coaching with this kind of way of doing business. Someone in mind when the current coach still has the head coach title......wow! What goes around, comes around.
-
Pendleton County Head Coach
Its not open yet. Why this discussion right now?
-
Desarae' Chambers New Head Coach of the St. Patrick Lady Saints
Chambers was a name that I never thought of when this job came open. I thought this job would take someone young and energetic and she would fit that bill. The question would be how long does she plan on staying and building in this program? It will take a while for this team to become competitive again after losing the core of the team from this year. There was not much underneath that was developed. A person like Chambers needs to get into the grade school and middle school and get more kids interested and developed. Best of luck to Desarae!
-
George Rogers Clark Girls job open
Would Scott Tackett at Rowan take a chance and jump from the 16th region to the 10th Region? I would figure Clark County would want someone with head coaching experience and Tackett has a wealth of experience and a great resume. I think I seen where his name has been tossed around at West Carter.
-
Tony Wise resigns at Montgomery County
Heffington was a lost ball in tall weeds at this years regional draw. Rison made him look silly when items on the agenda were discussed.
-
Coaching Openings
I read in the Maysville paper that the Athletic Director at St. Patrick said they would be sorting through applications and hopefully have a coach in place by the end of the school year and hopefully sooner than that. The read said they had a number of applicants. Anyone know of the candidates?
-
Region Player/Coach of the Year
Is every 10th region school a member of the KABC to vote? How many votes were submitted?
-
Kelsy Carmack signs with Midway.
Congrats to Kelsey on a fine career at Deming and getting the opportunity to further her career at the next level.
-
George Rogers Clark 61 Mason County 39
This is the best chemistry team that I have seen the Cardinals have in quite some time. Not the most talented, but you can tell these kids like one another and share the ball. That was the most I was impressed with over the last couple of weeks of watching them. I will take chemistry(great) over most talented teams because then you get everyone involved and throw out the individualism.
-
Montgomery County 60 Muhlenberg County 43
Montgomery County just keeps on getting it done. Its helps that you have been there before and those kids got a taste of the atmosphere over the years and that probably contributes to the great shooting night. Congrats to the Lady Indians!
-
Manual 50 Perry County Central 41
Congrats to Manual, great win!
-
Coaching Openings
So she resigned yesterday and they had talked to another person twice since then or did they talk to someone while she was still the coach?
-
George Rogers Clark 61 Mason County 39
I agree, I think based on the graduation of both of these squads from one year ago, the preseason ranking were fine. No one knew Mason County would be bit by the injury bug from football when this article I am sure was written and not many knew the GRC team with the exception of Bopper and of course GoldSunrise. Really who cares about the rankings in November or whenever this comes out. Some just like to stir the conversations. Clark County has a fine basketball team and won the region and will represent well next week. Rankings, who cares.
-
Coaching Openings
I am not either, daughter is graduating this year, and underneath this years senior class there really isn't much to work with. Haven't really seen any development done in the feeder grades.
-
Coaching Openings
I heard at the 10th region boys tournament last night that St. Patricks coaching position was open.