Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Wise resigns at Montgomery County

Featured Replies

Coach Wise was called in by the AD and told that Montgomery Co , "Wanted to go a new direction". It is official, Coach Wise resigned today.

 

I really hate this for the boys at Montgomery Co and Coach Wise.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be something we don't know. He won 23 games in his first season and is asked to resign? :idunno:

  • Author
There has to be something we don't know. He won 23 games in his first season and is asked to resign? :idunno:

 

New Supper and AD was brought in last year. Supper relieved 3 principals of their duties..... Personally I would't be supprised to see a new coach brought in from the Western part of the state, where the new Supper and AD are from.

Quality coaches will do the research, I think this job will be much tougher to fill than most would expect. Somebody will take the chance but it will be a chance.

As an alum, I hate to hear this. I have gotten to know coach Wise and he was doing a good job at turning the team into what he had in mind regardless of where they finished this season. Baffles me to see what direction they have in mind.

If I am MC, I try to get Hundley to come back but I doubt he would leave something he is building at Woodford.

Did Coach Wise teach at Montgomery County? I hate to hear this for him, i thought he did a good job! Has helped rebuild Frankfort and was doing a good job at Montgomery. There must be something going on there.

I am surprised at this news - but not surprised. There has to be something else driving this desicion.

If I am MC, I try to get Hundley to come back but I doubt he would leave something he is building at Woodford.

 

Hundley would be an excellent replacement, but I'd say he is familiar enough with the situation and smart enough to steer clear of the circus surrounding the Montgomery Co. athletic department right now, and of the new AD serving as the ring leader. What coach in their right mind would want to come in and work for a Supt. and AD that ran off a coach (a coach that they hired) after only one year....a year in which he won 23 games, beat the likes of Clark Co., Mason Co., Marshall Co., Ashland, Male, and a couple of Lexington schools, and got to the semi-finals of the regional tournament. And don't try to tell me that the year was a disappointment because they were the pre-season favorite to win the region. NOBODY knew how good Clark was going to be and they were clearly the best team in the region from Mid-December on. It's really sad what is going on in Montgomery Co. right now....smh

Coach Wise might have learned a lesson that Grass is not always greener at bigger schools...............

Hundley would be an excellent replacement, but I'd say he is familiar enough with the situation and smart enough to steer clear of the circus surrounding the Montgomery Co. athletic department right now, and of the new AD serving as the ring leader. What coach in their right mind would want to come in and work for a Supt. and AD that ran off a coach (a coach that they hired) after only one year....a year in which he won 23 games, beat the likes of Clark Co., Mason Co., Marshall Co., Ashland, Male, and a couple of Lexington schools, and got to the semi-finals of the regional tournament. And don't try to tell me that the year was a disappointment because they were the pre-season favorite to win the region. NOBODY knew how good Clark was going to be and they were clearly the best team in the region from Mid-December on. It's really sad what is going on in Montgomery Co. right now....smh
If you can't beat Mason County in the Regional Tournament on your home floor with more talent, your gone, wouldn't be surprised if decision was that simple and made that night. To hear everyone on these boards, that gym was built for one reason,to beat Mason County at its own game and if you can't even do that...........................well.
  • Author
If you can't beat Mason County in the Regional Tournament on your home floor with more talent, your gone, wouldn't be surprised if decision was that simple and made that night. To hear everyone on these boards, that gym was built for one reason,to beat Mason County at its own game and if you can't even do that...........................well.

 

 

Why do some Mason Co posters think everything resolves around the Royals.....rolleyes.gif

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.