Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Wise resigns at Montgomery County

Featured Replies

I ran into Chris O'Hearn at Pasquale's tonight. He wasn't naming names (but it was obviously already known by 5:00) but told me to check BGP this evening.thumb[1].gif

  • Replies 83
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some Mason Co posters think everything resolves around the Royals.....rolleyes.gif

 

First time I've EVER known All In to be a "Mason County poster".biggrin.gif

Wow....I know some schools who keep coaches for much less than that.

First time I've EVER known All In to be a "Mason County poster".biggrin.gif

 

If he isnt, he needs an award for biggest Royal's Fan that isnt a Mason County poster. :lol:

If he isnt, he needs an award for biggest Royal's Fan that isnt a Mason County poster. :lol:

 

He doesn't know I know him, but I do. You'd be surprised.lol.gif

The first words out of my wife's mouth (now she's a Mason County fan):

 

"If they hadn't built that crackerbox of a gym, maybe they would have a home-court advantage."

I'd imagine that the MC fans will be "Happy" when they name their new coach. I hope that they will be "Happy", but the shenanigans that go on there with their administration is hilarious. You have certain people in the "community" calling shots, including some back stabbing, no wonder there is a merry-go-round with their coaches.

 

What is this, three coaches in four years? That is a solid system for building continuity.

 

The bottom line is that they were overrated to start the season, and even though they had some solid wins, they were not the best team in the region. The opinions of the talent particularly close to the players was greatly inflated.

If you can't beat Mason County in the Regional Tournament on your home floor with more talent, your gone, wouldn't be surprised if decision was that simple and made that night. To hear everyone on these boards, that gym was built for one reason,to beat Mason County at its own game and if you can't even do that...........................well.

 

So I guess by your logic Chris O'Hearn should've been fired after the '07 season when Mason lost AT HOME to Clark in the regional finals? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

 

I honsestly didn't see many Montgomery Co. games this year so I don't really know if Wise is a good coach or not. What I do know is that it sends a very bad message to future candidates to fire a guy after one season without a very good reason. Maybe they have one, but based on previous actions of the Supt. and AD, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't.

[quote name=. You have certain people in the "community" calling shots, including some back stabbing, no wonder there is a merry-go-round with their coaches.

 

What is this, three coaches in four years? That is a solid system for building continuity.

 

The bottom line is that they were overrated to start the season, and even though they had some solid wins, they were not the best team in the region. The opinions of the talent particularly close to the players was greatly inflated.[/quote]

 

I can see how people think this is happening but I don't think it is hapening in this case. I could wrong or blind to it all. I've heard the back stabbing thing too, but not sure who they feel is doing it. Again, I don't see it.

 

They were way overrated at beginning of season and MC fans drank the kool-aid.

 

I believe this year was their year. Lost a lot from this year and I don't see seasoned replacements.

This will be my only post on this subject. I was born and raised in Montgomery County. I played basketball for the Indians back in the mid 70s. I have supported them through many things both when I played and after I graduated. Our company has always been a big supporter of the basketball program as well as other programs at the school. But after this move, I do not think I can ever support this program again as long as the present administration is in place. This move was political. You cannot go 23-11 and get forced to resign because "we would like to take the program in a different direction." I am sorry little johnny did not get to play enough, but little johnny should have done what coach wanted him to do. I am sorry that an eigth grader got to see the varsity bench and some playing time, but that eigth grader has shown more promise than you. Coach Wise was trying to continue building a program, not adhere to somes personal agendas. I wish Coach Wise the best and I will continue to follow him where ever he lands. As far as Montgomery County, I will wait to see "which direction" they are wanting to go. In the meantime, and I can't believe I am saying this, Goldie, Can I cheer for the Cards?

Perhahps it is a little of all that has been mentioned. But to still replace a 1st year coach who had a very successful year? I dont think they have given him a fair shot (realizing that there might be more to the story)

 

And if there was backstabbing going on, what will guarantee that it wont happen to the next coach. 3 in 3 years does not send a good message.

Perhahps it is a little of all that has been mentioned. But to still replace a 1st year coach who had a very successful year? I dont think they have given him a fair shot (realizing that there might be more to the story)

 

And if there was backstabbing going on, what will guarantee that it wont happen to the next coach. 3 in 3 years does not send a good message.

 

This is a little off. Coach Rison was here 20+ years, Coach Griesser was here 4 years, and Coach Wise 1 year.

This is a little off. Coach Rison was here 20+ years, Coach Griesser was here 4 years, and Coach Wise 1 year.

 

Gotcha. My bad on that. Hadnt realized Coach Griesser was here 4 yrs.

That's not off at all.... Griesser, then Wise1 year, now ???? That's 3 in 3 years for sure

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.