Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Wise resigns at Montgomery County

Featured Replies

As I stated before, look for the new coach to have connections to new Supper and AD.

 

No doubt, also someone that will be a "yes sir" type person as well. Im sure they are looking for a puppet that does whatever they say.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier this season I had heard that Phil Rison had been let go.

 

Knowing Phil and watch him orchrastrate the 10th Region Coaches Association for so many years, and respecting him for his dedication and professionalism, I knew that if that was the case then someone down there had made a huge mistake.

 

However, at the 10th Region Tournament he seemed to be running around full-tilt as always, so I thought that I may have been mis-informed.

 

If indeed that did happen, and now letting Coach Wise go after one season, I think the new direction they are heading is DOWN! :madman:

 

The mistake that was made, and it was indeed a HUGE mistake, was when the board chose not to hire Phil Rison as the new superintendent. Anyone that knows Phil knows that there was not another person more qualified or more deserving of the job than Phil. IMO the Montgomery Co. school system and the athletic department will suffer from that mistake for quite some time.

 

Looking on Montgomery County's District Website, Phil Rison is not listed as the Athletic Director. He has another title, something like Director of District Services. Gene Heffington is listed as athletic director on High School Website. I was told at the State Tournament that Phil is looking for Superintendent jobs in other districts. The man has bleed Montgomery County Red and Blue, if he is out looking for jobs that ought to tell you something!

 

Train wreck on the way?

 

Very telling and accurate statement!

The Montgomery County school system is a mess. Problem with hiring a coach is there will probably be two or three new school board members after the elections this year. Then it will get even worst. School board politics is the lowest form of politics there is and the people of Montgomery County have a serious problem going on.

I'm a little shock this conversation has not centered more on the players. High school sports should be about the kids and only the kids. Know very little about MC, but feel for the current players, especially Prewitt. He seems to be a great kid and has gotten a raw deal from the administration. Best of luck to him.

One thing for sure, if Happy is the new direction, then I don't think that could be considered a bad direction. Although, I can't see him in high school ball after all the time in college ranks, but it could happen.

 

it stands to reason that Wise is known to be a good coach, he should be OK in the end too.

 

Happy is a great coach but what will he do without any Division I transfers?

The Montgomery County school system is a mess. Problem with hiring a coach is there will probably be two or three new school board members after the elections this year. Then it will get even worst. School board politics is the lowest form of politics there is and the people of Montgomery County have a serious problem going on.

 

If people are really fed up, there is their opportunity to take charge. It may not help this coming season, but let there be no doubt that the school boards have power and can get the superintendent and others on the right track if they are out of line in how they are running things.

So far four of the five school principals, the DPP, the Director of Curriculum, the Asst. Superintendent, and now the basketball coach have all been fired or reassigned. From what I researched about the new superintendent, this is just the beginning of the changes that are to come.

Good luck to all involved, especially the kids that have to learn another system.

  • Author
So far four of the five school principals, the DPP, the Director of Curriculum, the Asst. Superintendent, and now the basketball coach have all been fired or reassigned. From what I researched about the new superintendent, this is just the beginning of the changes that are to come.

Good luck to all involved, especially the kids that have to learn another system.

 

I feel, coach Wise didn't want to resign, but bigger and better things will come out of this for him. Now the kids still in the system at MC, I feel for them. Could we see some of the players transfering???

Phil Rison is a finalist for the Mercer County Superintendent Job....per their webiste....

Just curious, why would a school board hire someone, that was going to fire them after he was hired?

The school board is an elected group of citizens. It is different than the board of education which is made up of school administrators.

It is a very flawed system.

I feel, coach Wise didn't want to resign, but bigger and better things will come out of this for him. Now the kids still in the system at MC, I feel for them. Could we see some of the players transfering???

 

As long as it's not for basketball reasons...

I am hearing that this new direction is on behalf of player parents. Wise went into a tougher situation then he probably realized. He's a good coach and will be better off wherever he lands.

Edited by mcpapa
No edit - hit the wrong button.

What is crazy about that statement is that it was the same adminstration (AD, Super) that picked Tony after they decided to go in a new direction once Griesser left. Would be nice if MC would decide which direction they are going to go. A LOT of people in the community are outraged with they way things are being handled over in Mt. Sterling.

 

Check out Heffington's background. He is a piece of work. He coached basketball and was terrible. He has been run off from several places. His ego is the size of a mountain. He was probably jealous of Tony's success.

I'm a little shock this conversation has not centered more on the players. High school sports should be about the kids and only the kids. Know very little about MC, but feel for the current players, especially Prewitt. He seems to be a great kid and has gotten a raw deal from the administration. Best of luck to him.

 

 

Your comment is sooooooooo correct. It should be about the players and its not and that is why this thread is getting th e reaction it is. This decision was not made for the kids, it was made for the people in high places, I truly do not feel they have ANY of the kids interest at heart, just thier own!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.