Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Wise resigns at Montgomery County

Featured Replies

Check out Heffington's background. He is a piece of work. He coached basketball and was terrible. He has been run off from several places. His ego is the size of a mountain. He was probably jealous of Tony's success.

 

Heffington was a lost ball in tall weeds at this years regional draw. Rison made him look silly when items on the agenda were discussed.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heffington was a lost ball in tall weeds at this years regional draw. Rison made him look silly when items on the agenda were discussed.

 

Making Heffington look silly is not hard to do, he does a pretty darned good job of that on his own. Just look at some of the decions he has made at Montgomery Co. in his first year, specifically with regard to coaching hires.

I am hearing that this new direction is on behalf of player parents. Wise went into a tougher situation then he probably realized. He's a good coach and will be better off wherever he lands.

 

Generally not a good thing when the inmates run the asylum.

I am hearing that this new direction is on behalf of player parents. Wise went into a tougher situation then he probably realized. He's a good coach and will be better off wherever he lands.

 

I don't see the players parents having anything to do with this. Wise was no tougher on them than any other coach and I don't see parents as the reason. I keep hearing it, jsut dont see it being the case.

^ I think there is a combination of things that led to Coach Wise resigning, but there is not a doubt in my mind that this whole situation was spurned on by players parents.

^ I think there is a combination of things that led to Coach Wise resigning, but there is not a doubt in my mind that this whole situation was spurned on by players parents.

 

I agree. I knew from some quotes made on here before last season where someone wrote that my boy is better than your boy would bring an unhealthy atmosphere on that team. Things like that really hurt a team.

I don't see the players parents having anything to do with this. Wise was no tougher on them than any other coach and I don't see parents as the reason. I keep hearing it, jsut dont see it being the case.

 

Don't think it has anything to do with how tough he was or was not on the players this past year.

I would really like to hear Montblue's viewpoint on this topic.

So far four of the five school principals, the DPP, the Director of Curriculum, the Asst. Superintendent, and now the basketball coach have all been fired or reassigned. From what I researched about the new superintendent, this is just the beginning of the changes that are to come.

Good luck to all involved, especially the kids that have to learn another system.

I see where a Todd Wilson who is listed as principal of Montgomery County High School has been named one of 2 finalists for the principal position at Franklin County High School. Will this make it five of five principals in Montgomery County replaced??

Check out Heffington's background. He is a piece of work. He coached basketball and was terrible. He has been run off from several places. His ego is the size of a mountain. He was probably jealous of Tony's success.

 

I agree completely.

Is Coach Robinson safe because Lady Indians won Regional tourney?

I see where a Todd Wilson who is listed as principal of Montgomery County High School has been named one of 2 finalists for the principal position at Franklin County High School. Will this make it five of five principals in Montgomery County replaced??

 

Yes, it would.

I would say, remember the kids coming up in the program with any new decision that is made. This team is going to have some big boys on it next year. They could own the paint. And with Omar's scoring and rebounding ability, will be an intriguing team in the 10th. As I've said before, look for Mr. Basketball to come out of Montgomery County next year. He is that good. But again, remember the kids when you make a decision, be sure that is who is in mind.

So far she is fine. They would be stupid to get rid of such a wonderful coach, especially with the record she has. Although nothing would surprise me anymore.

  • Author

Any news on a timeline for hiring a new coach?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.