Campbell County's New Stadium

doubledeuce

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them. I still want to know why they didn't incorporate a football/track facility when the new school opened almost 20 years ago?

Like I said before 15 - 20 years ago the vocational school was in good shape and so was the stadium I can only guess. I am guessing it was all $$ oriented and in my opinion wouldn't the call have come from the state and not the district on if they were going to build a stadium at the high school?

This will be great for Campbell County H.S. and that community. I'll miss going to the Pyramid though, always enjoyed watching a game there.

I agree. I have always felt this was a great place to watch a game, but understand it is in need of much repair and a new one at the school is in order. By the way, when the stadium is finished their total complex will be as nice as any.

I agree. I have always felt this was a great place to watch a game, but understand it is in need of much repair and a new one at the school is in order. By the way, when the stadium is finished their total complex will be as nice as any.

I hear ya. For years Dixie had one of the worst fields in N KY if not the state. Whatever they tried they just could not sustain grass on most of that field. I think it cost them a chance to play for a 4A championship the year they knocked off Trinity and came home to play Boone in the mud. However, it was a great place to watch a game when weather cooperated. The new complex is nice except for the visitors side. Things were changed during construction due to budget issues and they did the best they could. Heck, I'm not posting anything new that was not already known. The new field does get a ton of use and I'm sure CCHS new field will be a boon for that school as well.

This will be great for Campbell County H.S. and that community. I'll miss going to the Pyramid though, always enjoyed watching a game there.

Heard the stands at the old stadium are in need of repair. It may be cheaper to tear down the section that is above ground level.

When the new school was finished, they had already outgrown it. The state will not let you build a school based upon projections of students, only actual students. Had the state done the right thing, they would have had the 2nd gym and the larger cafeteria finished when they did it the first time.

Can't wait for the new facilities to open. I just wonder if they will charge kids more than the current $5.00 to attend events?

Heard the stands at the old stadium are in need of repair. It may be cheaper to tear down the section that is above ground level.

When the new school was finished, they had already outgrown it. The state will not let you build a school based upon projections of students, only actual students. Had the state done the right thing, they would have had the 2nd gym and the larger cafeteria finished when they did it the first time.

Can't wait for the new facilities to open. I just wonder if they will charge kids more than the current $5.00 to attend events?

I seriously doubt. I don't recall the charge increasing when DHHS opened their new facility.

No truth to it.

If you go up on old 27 you can see the general layout of it. The building that has been built at the stadium is the concession stand. Not sure why they already built it but it is there with no roof. I think their main priority is to get the 2nd gym and the Tech school built 1st. I would say, if the weather is nice like it has been this winter, I would hope they would start on the stadium, but who knows. There was a rumor that it could be ready for the last 2 or 3 games of the season but I would say they would have to bust their butts to get there.

I am a Campbell Co. resident and was wondering wht they need a second gym on the same campus?

I am a Campbell Co. resident and was wondering wht they need a second gym on the same campus?

Are you serious? With all the sports teams, practice and games, plus off season sports training any new schools build should have at least 2 gyms, if not 3 for larger schools.

Heck, we need 2 gyms at the middle school level anymore.

When the school was being planned to be built there were not enough students to justify both gyms. Once they actually completed the school they had already outgrown the existing facility. They also needed to add onto the cafeteria. Something about a guideline from the state that says they will not fund buildings for the amount of students that will be attending in the future, they can only plan for what they currently have at the time of the plans being drawn up. They definitely need 2 gyms and should have had the new football field years ago.

When the school was being planned to be built there were not enough students to justify both gyms. Once they actually completed the school they had already outgrown the existing facility. They also needed to add onto the cafeteria. Something about a guideline from the state that says they will not fund buildings for the amount of students that will be attending in the future, they can only plan for what they currently have at the time of the plans being drawn up. They definitely need 2 gyms and should have had the new football field years ago.

I'm a sports guy and understand the need for more gyms!

But as a citizen, I understand where the guy above is coming from. As a citizen, the second gym appears to be more of a luxery than a necessity. The argument of more students doesn't really apply when talking about the sports programs. You still have the same number of teams and number of participants on those teams as anyone. Most schools get by with one gym (or multiple gyms in their district) just fine. So looking at it from that angle, a taxpayer could see a second gym as a luxery. Highlands, Newport, NCC, Brossart, Silver Grove, Dayton, Bellevue all have one gym with the same amount of teams and participants on those teams and they all get by just fine.

Again, I coach AAU basketball, so I wish they would build a thousand gyms! But I think the other guy has a point when looking at it from his perspective.

But as a citizen, I understand where the guy above is coming from. As a citizen, the second gym appears to be more of a luxery than a necessity. The argument of more students doesn't really apply when talking about the sports programs. You still have the same number of teams and number of participants on those teams as anyone. Most schools get by with one gym (or multiple gyms in their district) just fine. So looking at it from that angle, a taxpayer could see a second gym as a luxery. Highlands, Newport, NCC, Brossart, Silver Grove, Dayton, Bellevue all have one gym with the same amount of teams and participants on those teams and they all get by just fine.

Again, I coach AAU basketball, so I wish they would build a thousand gyms! But I think the other guy has a point when looking at it from his perspective.

It's not always only about athletics. More students could mean additional PE classes. If they need two PE classes at the same time to accommodate more students, an additional facility means an additional class, also reducing the number of kids per class.

Don't know if this is the case but there is an academic benefit.

Yea, but isn't most athletic facilities in the same category? Turf could be argued as a "luxury", fold down seating, and countless other things. But, they could also be argued as needed. Plus, Title 9 can come into play. For example, we have two gyms (an old one and a new one), having two gyms comes in handy, but at the same time we have to give equal opportunity to the girl sports as the boy sports, having two gyms makes that a lot easier.

Luxury? Maybe. But it cold be argued as, at least, somewhat needed.

I will disagree, the issue is more a space plus revenue issue. If there is only one gym, and teams are practicing, an event can not be held in that gym. Ex. basketball teams are practicing, cant host a wrestling event that night that will generate money. However, have a practice gym, teams can still practice and you can host the event.

Or, boys can have a game, and girls can practice, or you can have your youth teams practicing while a game is going on. Baseball pitchers and catchers can practice or indoor batting cage when the weather is bad, while basketball is in the main gym.

I could go on and on about scenarios.