Campbell County's New Stadium

doubledeuce

Let me ask, should BBHS be able to use a field when avalible so they do not have to pay to use Scotts field for games. IMO they should get permission since 85% of kids that go there are from Alexandria and pay taxes to build CCHS and all their "Extras".

Also in the post that asked if Brossart wanted the 1st game on the field I assume they wanted them to play CCHS in that game. If that is truly the case I would have turned it down as well since they are not ready to play a 6A school and Christian the new field with their blood.

As a public school grad and now a taxpayer, I have utter disdain for this comment. It is by choice that the residents of Alexandria, highland heights, Cold Spring, etc. pay tuition to go to a private school. Do you hear all of the NCC families that live in Fort Thomas claiming entitlement to play at highlands for their games? No! All the money for CCHS stadium was not tax dollars as you can read in previous posts. I'm getting really tired of people claiming entitlement. No one owes you anything.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of being selfish, you should probably be grateful and try to make it as attractive as possible for the kids to stay at Brossart.

Why exactly should CC help make Brossart attractive? Wouldn't CC want to make itself more attractive? After all, they are competing with Brossart for kids. If the new field gets CC 3 football players that were going to go to Brossart, isn't that win for CC?

Community or not, Brossart needs to fund their own stadium on the land they already own. If you want something in return for your tax dollars you are welcome to send your kids to public schools. It's just the price you pay for choosing private schools.

Agree multiplied by 1000!!!!!!!!!!

Why exactly should CC help make Brossart attractive? Wouldn't CC want to make itself more attractive? After all, they are competing with Brossart for kids. If the new field gets CC 3 football players that were going to go to Brossart, isn't that win for CC?

The field plus the new coach and seemingly refueled spark back in the program and community about the camels may attract the handful of serious footballers that don't play any other sports. Most kids that go to Brossart (99%) aren't going there for football though.

Explain to me why exactly, Doesn't Holy Cross use Holmes and some times Scott for its varisty games. Doesn't NCC use Newport's field. I see no issue with Schools that don't have home fields renting out other teams fields to use.

I agree with that 100%, however the previous poster made it sound as though CCHS owed BBHS the right to use the field for no fee. I don't agree with that! I'm all for community and sharing, but not for entitlement!

I have no problem with renting fields for use. However, do not try to justify your use by saying you paid taxes to build it so you are entitled to use it. Sure its the right thing to do to help out your community. I'm all for it. But its not your right. Maybe next year Brossart can rent out the Pyramid and be closer to home.

I have no problem with renting fields for use. However, do not try to justify your use by saying you paid taxes to build it so you are entitled to use it. Sure its the right thing to do to help out your community. I'm all for it. But its not your right. Maybe next year Brossart can rent out the Pyramid and be closer to home.

Bingo! :thumb:

I agree with that 100%, however the previous poster made it sound as though CCHS owed BBHS the right to use the field for no fee. I don't agree with that! I'm all for community and sharing, but not for entitlement!

Let me say this, from the stand point of "My tax dollars built it" then if they (the taxpayers from Campbell Co that have children that attend Brossart) want to use it they partially should be allowed to use it. If Campbell Co says, you can use it when we don't have an event, that's great. If they say, you can use it but we have to charge a small fee just for expenses, that's great too, Im ok with both of those scenarios. If Campbell co was to say, you can't use it period, then I would have an issue with it.

It wouldn't bother me a bit if CC refused to let them use it. You can't have separation of church and state and then demand things that you knowingly gave up by choosing church over state.

I will disagree it has nothing to do with church and state. Schools/facilties are built by the community for the community, those in the community paid for that facility. They should have access to it, baring in mine events for the school itsself.