Indianapolis Colts' Offseason Moves Thus Far -- Good or Bad?

Zlatan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why would Peyton go into that similar situation versus staying in Indy with Luck behind him?

Because Indy can cut him to avoid paying him 28 million this year. It won't be his decision if he isn't in Indy this year. That's the way I understood it.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-09/peyton-manning/story/indianapolis-colts-protected-financially-if-peyton-manning-cant-play

And why would Peyton go into that similar situation versus staying in Indy with Luck behind him?

Huh? It's not like it is Manning's decision if he gets to stay in Indy or not. If Manning can stay in Indy then I believe he would IMO. However he has no say if they choose to release him or trade him. Washington could be a good spot for him, even if they get RG3.

I am split if he will even play again. This is serious stuff we are talking about here guys and the actions of Manning and the Colts through this past year leave a lot questions hanging about his overall health.

I think Peyton will retire and never play again.

I tend to lean this way too. Maybe Rob Lowe wasn't so crazy....:idunno: :lol:

My dark horse is Seattle. If he comes back anywhere near as good as he was, I think that would make the Seahawks a legit contender. I feel like they are a good QB away from being really good, and I think they would be crazy not to go after him. His price tag should be significantly less than this year, so I don't think it would cost an ARM and a leg for him. Manning and Carroll would make a nice mix, and Lynch and Manning could be dynamic.