Beechwood / Covington Catholic Predictions

Big game tomorrow. CCH has the advantage with Ruthaz(sp) and Fredrick at the guards but the Tigers bring a height advantage with Maus Cruse and Mckenzie that could make this interesting. Thoughts?

BW O is not good enough to win this game. Can they keep it close? I'd guess not.

If Beechwood is smart They put Nussbaum on Ruthsatz to atleast alter his shots. They need to put a physical player on Frederick as They will throw double screens all night to get him open. I would pound it inside as CovCath won't be able to handle both Cruse and Maus.

With that said even if They do the aformentioned They still likely lose. Big home game with the Colonels honoring Dan Tieman and Ruthsatz is going to be too much.

CovCath 65

Tigers. 43

To take down CCH, you must "cut the head from the snake". Ruthsatz is a very good player and runs that engine. He is very difficult to stop, especially in transition. He makes good decisions and his dribble penetration will gut a team. If I was preparing to play against him, I think I would run a chaser on him all night, even following him to get a drink. I don't think BW has anyone who can stop him (most teams don't).

To take down CCH, you must "cut the head from the snake". Ruthsatz is a very good player and runs that engine. He is very difficult to stop, especially in transition. He makes good decisions and his dribble penetration will gut a team. If I was preparing to play against him, I think I would run a chaser on him all night, even following him to get a drink. I don't think BW has anyone who can stop him (most teams don't).
I think Nussbaum is fast/athletic enough to handle him IMO.

"Easily" is a bit much. Cruse plays hard and is very athletic.

Agree Clyde. Not seen CCH yet this year, but have seen BW and they are very quick with Nussbaum, Vocke, and a couple others, play hard and I too like Cruse's game. From what I've read of CC, they & BW match up pretty well, but BW will have to stay out of foul trouble and play smart to stay close. If so, they can give them a better than anticipated game; if not 15-25 CC win.