The Dark Knight Rises

SvFan4life

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well been home about 20 minutes. The movie was pretty awesome. There were about 4-5 twists in the movie, one of which had a 1A and 1B, combo type of twist, I got 1A but never really even thought about the second part of it. The other stuff all seemed pretty obvious including some stuff that we had all mentioned prior to the movies release.

Probably about an hour into the movie, I caught myself thinking the first Dark Knight was better. Things were just developing a little slower than what we saw in the previous installment. That's not to say the first hour wasn't good, because it was actually very good.

But then... It happened... And I realized that the slow buildup was just the calm before the storm. It was blatantly obvious that the director wanted the audience to get lulled into a slight daze for the first bit of the movie so that the impact of what was to come would be that much greater. This won't ruin anything because if you've seen the preview you already know this happens, but as soon as the football scene occurs, this movie went to a completely unprecedented level of AWESOME.

For the last 45 minutes of the movie, I felt as if something was pressing hard against my chest because of how much emotion was running through my body. Edge of my seat the entire time, forgetting to breathe on occasion. And the TWIST! I was not even close to expecting something like that to happen. Completely threw me for a loop.

I firmly believed that The Avengers was the best superhero movie of all-time. What I saw last night blew The Avengers out of the water. To simply call this the greatest superhero movie of all-time does not do it justice. One of the best movies PERIOD. I was very impressed with Anne Hathaway's performance and Joseph Gordon Levitt was great as usual. This was the perfect ending to the trilogy. As a fan, I couldn't ask for more.

If my above thoughts seem like they don't follow any logical order of thought, that's because I could not sleep after the movie. I was way too hyped.

Probably about an hour into the movie, I caught myself thinking the first Dark Knight was better. Things were just developing a little slower than what we saw in the previous installment. That's not to say the first hour wasn't good, because it was actually very good.

But then... It happened... And I realized that the slow buildup was just the calm before the storm. It was blatantly obvious that the director wanted the audience to get lulled into a slight daze for the first bit of the movie so that the impact of what was to come would be that much greater. This won't ruin anything because if you've seen the preview you already know this happens, but as soon as the football scene occurs, this movie went to a completely unprecedented level of AWESOME.

For the last 45 minutes of the movie, I felt as if something was pressing hard against my chest because of how much emotion was running through my body. Edge of my seat the entire time, forgetting to breathe on occasion. And the TWIST! I was not even close to expecting something like that to happen. Completely threw me for a loop.

I firmly believed that The Avengers was the best superhero movie of all-time. What I saw last night blew The Avengers out of the water. To simply call this the greatest superhero movie of all-time does not do it justice. One of the best movies PERIOD. I was very impressed with Anne Hathaway's performance and Joseph Gordon Levitt was great as usual. This was the perfect ending to the trilogy. As a fan, I couldn't ask for more.

If my above thoughts seem like they don't follow any logical order of thought, that's because I could not sleep after the movie. I was way too hyped.

I agree with you in how the film seemed to have that slow burn quality to it, but that was done very well, as you also stated.

I actually saw all the numerous twists coming, partially because of discussion on here & from things I'd read elsewhere. I thought the very last scene had a really nice touch to it & agree that it was the perfect ending to this trilogy. Also agree on the performances of Hathaway & Gordon-Levitt. I've always hated the Catwoman character & haven't really been a fan of Hathaway, but she was very good in this role. And Gordon-Levitt is just an outstanding actor.

Before finally getting to sleep last night (or should I say this morning), I tweeted best wishes to the poor sap who inherits the Batman film franchise from Christopher Nolan. He's done three movies in seven years & all three were incredible. If I had to rank them, I'd go with The Dark Knight at #1, followed by The Dark Knight Rises at #2, & Batman Begins at #3. Nolan has set an unreachable bar for any future Batman directors/writers/etc.

I just want to know what happens next. The Trilogy is over but is Nolan done with the project completely...... I'm with you RP I saw all of the twists coming with the exception of(highlight to read spoiler)who the climber really was, I knew for some reason that she was down there but just didn't even think about her being the person to make the climb. Knew she was a villain the whole time thoughOver all I really don't know how they could have made the movie any better, just wish I knew what to expect next.

I just want to know what happens next. The Trilogy is over but is Nolan done with the project completely...... I'm with you RP I saw all of the twists coming with the exception of(highlight to read spoiler)who the climber really was, I knew for some reason that she was down there but just didn't even think about her being the person to make the climb. Knew she was a villain the whole time thoughOver all I really don't know how they could have made the movie any better, just wish I knew what to expect next.

That's a good point about (highlight to read spoiler) Miranda Tate being the climber. Like you, I knew she was corrupt, but didn't have her pinpointed as "the climber." As soon as Blake confronted Bruce about his alter ego, I knew they would somehow make him the heir apparent, or Robin. I also thought Nolan would take us as far as he could in leading us to believe that Batman was dead. The ending scene was excellent!

I'm pretty sure Nolan said this would be his last Batman film. I just assumed he was speaking of any involvement, but perhaps he was only talking about directing and/or writing. I don't look for him to do anything else with the series.

I loved it. My only fault I can find in the whole movie was Bane's voice. It just made me laugh every time he talked. Don't know why but it was funny. I'm also impressed what they did with Catwoman. I didnt know how it would turn out with her in it but they made it work. Overall, I think it was the best in the series.

I loved it. My only fault I can find in the whole movie was Bane's voice. It just made me laugh every time he talked. Don't know why but it was funny. I'm also impressed what they did with Catwoman. I didnt know how it would turn out with her in it but they made it work. Overall, I think it was the best in the series.

I agree on Bane's voice. If I could register a complaint with the film, that would be it. He was hard to understand sometimes. And from what I've read, people had complaints about it during test screening & Nolan said they would take care of it in the editing process. They didn't fix all the problems IMO.

The character of Bane himself was somewhat fascinating to me. After Ledger's take on The Joker, I thought Nolan would have a hard time coming up with a character that could come close to equaling the threat The Joker posed. He was an anarchist without a conscience. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that Bane may have even eclipsed The Joker in that aspect. I'm not saying Tom Hardy's performance was better than Heath Ledger's, because that's not even close IMO. But I do think the character Bane certainly lived up to the villain label, ala The Joker.

Totally agree on Catwoman--a character I have long despised. I feared she would ruin this film, but she didn't.

As far as best in the series, it's hard to tell. All three were incredible films, but I feel like the second one is the best, simply because of Ledger. The Joker had been portrayed before--and quite well--by Jack Nicholson. Then Ledger comes along & at least equals that performance. From my vantage point, that speaks volumes.

I agree on Bane's voice. If I could register a complaint with the film, that would be it. He was hard to understand sometimes. And from what I've read, people had complaints about it during test screening & Nolan said they would take care of it in the editing process. They didn't fix all the problems IMO.

The character of Bane himself was somewhat fascinating to me. After Ledger's take on The Joker, I thought Nolan would have a hard time coming up with a character that could come close to equaling the threat The Joker posed. He was an anarchist without a conscience. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that Bane may have even eclipsed The Joker in that aspect. I'm not saying Tom Hardy's performance was better than Heath Ledger's, because that's not even close IMO. But I do think the character Bane certainly lived up to the villain label, ala The Joker.

Totally agree on Catwoman--a character I have long despised. I feared she would ruin this film, but she didn't.

As far as best in the series, it's hard to tell. All three were incredible films, but I feel like the second one is the best, simply because of Ledger. The Joker had been portrayed before--and quite well--by Jack Nicholson. Then Ledger comes along & at least equals that performance. From my vantage point, that speaks volumes.

I am probably in the minority here, but after the inital shock of Bane's voice, I began to like what they did with it.

I actually liked Banes voice as well, have to give it some thought but it reminded me of another voice from either a movie or maybe even a video game. I liked it thought it was different.