The Dark Knight Rises

SvFan4life

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First reviews of the movie are in and all are very positive. One even say the movie should e considered for an Oscar.

First The Dark Knight Rises Reviews are Very Positive | WorstPreviews.com

Here are the reviews:

* Wow. Quite speechless at the moment...."TDKR" was everything I wanted it to be.

* So much awesome... can't wait to see it again. And again. And 9 out of 10 for me. I'd put "Amazing Spider-Man" at a 7.5 and "Avengers" at an 8.5.

* This film was the perfect final chapter in the trilogy.

* I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one.

* Nolan manages to convey this wild ride into 165 minutes of his best work.

* "The Dark Knight Rises" is not only easily the best Batman movie yet, but now one of my favorite movies I've ever seen. It was unbelievable!

* If this does not break the mold and win Best Picture, no comic book movie ever will.

If it is better than The Dark Knight it will exceed my expectations. That is one of my favorite movies.

Are we going to see someone else put on the black mask in this movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt IMO seems primed to put on theBatman mask while Bruce Wayne nurses his broken back (if they follow the comics). There is a clip showing him in the background of a masquerade ball wearing a "Robin looking" mask....

seeing-robin-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

But then again it could just be some random guy at the party...

For Northern Kentuckians, I'm told that the theater in Wilder is showing both Batman Begins & The Dark Knight on Thursday evening prior to the first showing of The Dark Knight Rises​. I was told it's $5 a piece for those two & then regular price for the Midnight showing of TDKR.

AMC is starting the trilogy at 6:00pm. All three movies (with theater commercials and trailers) plus two brief intermissions between movies will last 8 hours and 45 minutes. $25 for all three in regular showing. $40 for IMAX.

AMC is starting the trilogy at 6:00pm. All three movies (with theater commercials and trailers) plus two brief intermissions between movies will last 8 hours and 45 minutes. $25 for all three in regular showing. $40 for IMAX.

Thanks for the info! :thumb:

I might be wrong but doesn't Bane kill batman? It was either in the cartoon or something but I thought he did.

Time for the comic book geek in me to come out. In a story arc called Knightfall Bane blew up Arkham and released all of Batman's worst enemys. After Batman recaptured them all and was at the point of exhaustion Bane attacked him at Wayne Manor (He had determined his secret ID) and broke his back, leaving Bruce Wayne paralyzed from the waist down. He turned the mantle of the bat over to Jean-Paul Valley. This then led to a story arc called Knightquest which had 2 parts. The Quest which detailed Valley's time as Batman in which he became increasingly violent to the point of killing criminals and The Search where a crippled Bruce Wayne searches for a doctor that could cure him. This then led into KnightsEnd in which a healed Bruce Wayne reclaimed the mantle of the bat from Valley.

bane-breaks-batmans-back-rises.jpg

Looking forward to this and seeing it at The Rave Reserve 21 and up section. The wife and I seen Ted and last night The Amazing Spiderman and that is the only way I will see a movie from here on out if it's available.

For Northern Kentuckians, I'm told that the theater in Wilder is showing both Batman Begins & The Dark Knight on Thursday evening prior to the first showing of The Dark Knight Rises​. I was told it's $5 a piece for those two & then regular price for the Midnight showing of TDKR.

Actually saw a movie at that theatre last night and they were advertising for this. I don't know if I can sit in a movie theatre for that long lol.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

Looking forward to this and seeing it at The Rave Reserve 21 and up section. The wife and I seen Ted and last night The Amazing Spiderman and that is the only way I will see a movie from here on out if it's available.

Pre-ordered my tickets for the 12:05 showing next Thursday. Taking ShutitDowns advice and going to try the 21 and over section for this one and watch it in style.

...I build that theater for Showcase Cinemas. Glad to hear you like my work :D