McQuery to Coach Saturday per ESPN - NOT

HT721

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to go too. Joe isn't the scapegoat. He's been treated as he should. Obviously most of the attention has been focused on him, but he is Penn State. It comes with the territory. Doesn't mean he's the only one who needs to be held accouantable.

I'll accept why people want him gone, but if people think the University isn't looking for a scape goat this has to be exhibit A. They are taking it out on Joe to try and appease the media, this decision reeks of bad idea. McQuery is much more culpable than Joe. Even those that want Joe gone sway as much. The University is just trying to play to public perception right now, they didn't fire Joe because it was the right thing to do, they did it to try and save face.

I'll accept why people want him gone, but if people think the University isn't looking for a scape goat this has to be exhibit A. They are taking it out on Joe to try and appease the media, this decision reeks of bad idea. McQuery is much more culpable than Joe. Even those that want Joe gone sway as much. The University is just trying to play to public perception right now, they didn't fire Joe because it was the right thing to do, they did it to try and save face.

Is the University making him out to be the scapegoat? Maybe so, but the whole PSU administration needs to be cleaned out as far as I'm concerned. I do not believe the media or the public is making Joe Pa the scapegoat. The vast majority feels they all need to be held accouantable.

On what grounds? Following the procedures you have put into place for reporting?

That's why Joe Pa was fired, and Joe Pa didn't even see it. It's not right to fire Joe Pa and not fire him. Joe Pa had hearsay, he had eyewitness testimony.

That's why Joe Pa was fired, and Joe Pa didn't even see it. It's not right to fire Joe Pa and not fire him. Joe Pa had hearsay, he had eyewitness testimony.

Again, if the PA State policy states you are to report it to your supervisor and he did report it to probably the highest ranking person in the department, what are your grounds for firing him? That he followed policy? I can see Joe Pa because as it's been stated, he is PA ST football.

No, because he saw a felony and did nothing to stop it. Just my take on the matter. He needs to be gone as well.

What if your policy states to follow procedures and he did? I can see him being charged by the police for not reporting a crime. I'm talking about the institution he works for. Why have policies otherwise?

He saw with his own eyes a ten year old boy getting raped by a grown man in a shower and he turned around and walked away, and you're honestly asking that question? You can't be serious.

Very serious. Again, I can see the police charging him but on what grounds do you fire him if he is following a policy you put in place?

Very serious. Again, I can see the police charging him but on what grounds do you fire him if he is following a policy you put in place?

For having zero integrity? For conduct that shames the university? For not looking out for the well-being of others? For being an awful excuse for a human being?

For having zero integrity? For conduct that shames the university? For not looking out for the well-being of others? For being an awful excuse for a human being?

Better brush up more on Business Law for the CPA exam. I'm not saying it's right, just that I've seen many, many of these cases over the years. He would probably have a fair lawsuit against the university if he were fired and had followed their policies.